Recalled/Assigned: The Christian Dvorak Uber Tracker

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Can't be too mad. He'll probably end up being the first line center on what seems to be a great Tucson team.

Yep. Nothing to be gained from him playing in a tire fire here in Phoenix while he could be leading the Runners to a playoff spot (knock on wood).

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Top line minutes in Tucson and he escapes the cesspit of the Coyotes. It's all good.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Top line minutes in Tucson and he escapes the cesspit of the Coyotes. It's all good.

Yep. Nothing to be gained from him playing in a tire fire here in Phoenix while he could be leading the Runners to a playoff spot (knock on wood).

I understand the sentiment but still disagree with it. There's no reasonable evaluation here in less than 10 games where virtually the entire team is a dumpster fire.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Easy enough to move him back and forth as needed. So much nicer not to have to take a cross-country flight to get to the AHL team.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Played great in the NHL until he was demoted for his age. A chance at making our team better lost. I'd much rather him in the AHL than getting screwed over by DT in the NHL.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This is where most wanted him to begin with, hopefully he goes down there and lights it up.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This is great. Got exposure to the NHL. Knows what the grind of a long roadtrip feels like. Will most likely be back when the injuries hit and will be a better player when he is brought back. Also allows a spot for Strome. Win-win.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
This is great. Got exposure to the NHL. Knows what the grind of a long roadtrip feels like. Will most likely be back when the injuries hit and will be a better player when he is brought back. Also allows a spot for Strome. Win-win.

Or, got exposure to the NHL, played quite well and was rewarded by demotion and cut in minutes. Now he's confused about what he did wrong and how players earn their ice time.

I want him in the AHL to get him away from the coach. He's already good enough for the NHL.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Or, got exposure to the NHL, played quite well and was rewarded by demotion and cut in minutes. Now he's confused about what he did wrong and how players earn their ice time.

I want him in the AHL to get him away from the coach. He's already good enough for the NHL.

There could be confusion, but I seriously doubt it.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I would hope they give him a clearcut exit interview explaining why they made the decision and what he should work on in the AHL. I didn't feel like he knocked the doors down like Domi and Duclair did last season and he is the same age as they were then. I really feel like he will develop better in Tucson, and agree with you that being away from DT and this mess will be better.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I understand the sentiment but still disagree with it. There's no reasonable evaluation here in less than 10 games where virtually the entire team is a dumpster fire.

It's not so much protecting him from the tire fire as it is that Dvorak is AHL-eligible. Strome and Crouse aren't. This gives Strome and Crouse a more intense tryout for their final games before the junior limit kicks in; if one or both gets sent back, Dvorak comes back. Pretty simple.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This gives Strome and Crouse a more intense tryout for their final games before the junior limit kicks in; if one or both gets sent back, Dvorak comes back. Pretty simple.

Given the various puff pieces about how they are handling Strome I kinda doubt that's a factor. Unless they have already changed their strategy anyway.

No idea about Crouse but since they have taken a pretty hard line on Dvorak and Strome staying at C I don't know that his tryout matters.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Sam Reinhart last year got 6 points in his first 20 games. If he was in AZ he would have been send down at game six. But BUF knew he needed to develop and learn how to think the NHL game and low and behold by the end of the year he was a top player for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad