GDT: The Champs @ We’re going to be f-ing suck this year - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I wanted CMM to get as much run as the next guy but it’s becoming more and more obvious to me that his ceiling is not that high. Protas is getting lots of ice time, he’s been JAG. Maybe both of them become 0.5ppg types one day, but they are way off. You saying the team should burn it all?

I’ll say it again, Maclellan’s drafts and use of draft picks as capital has been extremely poor. He seems to have an aversion to drafting athletes, with the exception of maybe Fever. To date he has not hit on one 1st rounder. In 8 years. Sure the jury is still out on Lapierre and CMM. People are already talking about exposing Alexiev to waivers.

2nd round on has been largely unsuccessful with the exception of Fever and maybe ProtasZ.
What? Protas is getting like 10 minutes a night entirely because he's big and Lavi thinks that means he can play a grinding game, much like his awful deployment if Mantha. Comparing him to CMM is ridiculous, they're entirely different players that should have entirely different expectations right now. But even past that, why is NAK getting 10+ minutes a night? There's literally nothing he's shown this year deserving to be active over Snively.

I just don't understand how you can see the gross mismanagement of personnel like Gustafson playing 20 minutes a night and condem the prospects currently sitting and waiting for a shot. Maybe the coaches eye is just shit.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
What? Protas is getting like 10 minutes a night entirely because he's big and Lavi thinks that means he can play a grinding game, much like his awful deployment if Mantha. Comparing him to CMM is ridiculous, they're entirely different players that should have entirely different expectations right now. But even past that, why is NAK getting 10+ minutes a night? There's literally nothing he's shown this year deserving to be active over Snively.

I just don't understand how you can see the gross mismanagement of personnel like Gustafson playing 20 minutes a night and condem the prospects currently sitting and waiting for a shot. Maybe the coaches eye is just shit.
I’m not saying Protas and CMM are the same player, but Protas HAS played on top lines and is not exactly lighting it up. He has promise but he’s not right now the answer to our scoring woes. I don’t think Laviolette is telling him “don’t shoot” or “don’t assist anyone”. Again, you seem to be proposing that we begin the rebuild and if that’s the case, fine. But as a coach if Lavi is trying to win NOW, playing Protas more minutes is probably not the answer.

With the forward lines so devoid of talent, the team needs some offense at the back end, hence Gustafson. Yes he’s a disaster waiting to happen defensively, not going to argue that. But who are you proposing to take more of his minutes?

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I had a trip this week so missed all the games. Seems like it was a good week to miss games.
At least Ovi scored.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's a shame Lars Eller didn't really take this opportunity to raise his trade value here. I'm guessing teams mostly after him include Western Conference -teams that look to keep up with the Avs and add an another center to match up against MacKinnon and whoever the Avs acquire at the TDL but Eller didn't really do himself any favors here. Absolute dud of a game for him and finished with a big fat -3 rating.

Hopefully they can atleast get back that lost 2024 2nd pick in return for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad