GDT: The Champs @ We’re going to be f-ing suck this year - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbs31

Apr 28, 2016
Is Conor that bad where he can't get a jersey with the amount of injuries this year?

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I wish anyone on the team looked like they give a shit they’re going through possibly one of the worst stretches in years and nobody seems the least bit frustrated about it. It’s almost just a shoulder shrug from all of them just completely listless.

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I really hope they don’t rush Orlov or Wilson back in a flawed attempt to kickstart the team.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Honestly I don’t think Lavi is the issue. But we know BM won’t fire himself.
What did GMBM do that you disagreed with? We've got young talent that the coaching staff is refusing to give a shot, it's not like he can make them play those guys. And before anyone comments on "practice", has anything this coaching staff done given you confidence in their ability to evaluate performance? They're still trotting out Gus - Carlson as a top line.

Reactions: swansonsays

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Michkov is an absolute stud too. He’ll be a hell of a consolation prize for team picking 2nd or 3rd
Fantilli & Carlsson are studs as well. A top 4 pick would be choice.

Gonna be hard but if they really set their minds to it...

Reactions: troyerlaw

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Opting for Reirden over Trotz wasnt great. Oshie and Backstrom contracts dont look great either. And Mantha sucks
Reirden, from all reports, was the heir apparent not just from GMBM but from Ted himself so not much he can do there. There would have been riots in the streets if he let Oshie and Backstrom walk, and at least Backstrom is a guy that Ted would never allow to walk away. Mantha was a trade essentially forced upon him because Lavi refused to play Vrana.

The + on the Vrana trade was becuase of his poor Panik signing, but that signing was also universally praised when it happened. The biggest complaint that you can probably have with GMBM is him sending off ascending prospects for old veterans, but if your coach refuses to use them and you're trying to be competitive you do what you gotta do. About the only one I really think I can outright blame him for is Siegenthaler, and even then no one was turning down Chara at minimum. It's not his fault the team didn't want to give the 900 year old any rest days.

I think far to many people are caught up in GMBM being the "GM" because conventional teams have a very strict Coach answers to GM who asnwers to Ownership setup. Here, Ted was heavily involved in picking Lavi. GMBM is probably closer to a glorified Player Ops guy. This team is run exactly how and by who Ted and Co. want it to be run by.

Last edited:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I honestly do think this could be the game that gives Lavi fired. Boudreau was fired on the 28th of 11. I guess, if he's not, you gotta think Ted and company don't have high hopes for this year unlike in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad