The champion of 2013-2014 season

Ikazuchi

May 3, 2013
Moscow
I believe Medvedev is not a kind of person who places his team preferences above the league's competition and reputation. Changing salary cap impacts all teams, not only SKA, I think it's fair enough.

You know, most of SKA fans call Medvedev "Old Dynamovets" =)))
for a reason)
Well, he was a Dynamo Moscow supporter for years - but then there are corporate interests of Gazprom.

And Miller's patience is running out... You can simply look at his face last conferention finals... Medvedev must not fail this year...

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
I believe, that SKA is the only team that needs the salary cap change, who else?

I don't see any criminal in rising salary cap to sign Kovy, ordinary fans would be happy to see him in the league that needs new face, it doesn't matter what top club signed him from league's prospective, IMO Ak Bars, Dynamo or even Avangard could manage to do it.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I don't see any criminal in rising salary cap to sign Kovy, ordinary fans would be happy to see him in the league that needs new face, it doesn't matter what top club signed him from league's prospective, IMO Ak Bars, Dynamo or even Avangard could manage to do it.

I think signings like the one of Kovy now are positive for the whole league just as you mentioned. Nobody was unhappy with Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Bäckström, Malkin etc playing for other teams during the lockout. Maybe in the future we see these guys on a regular basis in other KHL teams. That's the ultimate goal.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
I think signings like the one of Kovy now are positive for the whole league just as you mentioned. Nobody was unhappy with Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Bäckström, Malkin etc playing for other teams during the lockout. Maybe in the future we see these guys on a regular basis in other KHL teams. That's the ultimate goal.

Former hockey player, currently Atlant head coach Svetlov said it better:" I'm not against Kovy. I'm glad he is back. But if you sign him let two other players walk away to sign with other teams without cap change". My thoughts exactly.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Some of you have discussed KHL´s salary cap, SKA, Kovy. I want to ask you, how does KHL´s salary cap work? I just want to know if you know details....

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
it is a dynamic one, so SKA is always under, the rest don't matter!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exactly. What's the difference how it works if in reality it doesn't work anyway? Salary cap as well as a salary floor are just empty words in the KHL, it doesn't really serve any purpose.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
how can you talk about something you have no idea how it works? Therefore I asked and I got my answer. Pointless to discuss anymore.

York

Jul 21, 2013
You know, most of SKA fans call Medvedev "Old Dynamovets" =)))
for a reason)
Well, he was a Dynamo Moscow supporter for years - but then there are corporate interests of Gazprom.

It's true he "Old Dynamovets". IMO he does not care to corporate interests, he fan Dynamo. I will be happy if he go to Dynamo. Take it :)
And i hope the SKA will take the cup.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I want to see final between two Non-Russian clubs, so probably Donbass - Barys. Just to see how Russian hockey nationalists would cope with that.

We don't have those. "Hockey nationalism" is a phenomenon with no roots in Russia. I don't want to start this again, but it seems like at every single occasion at HF a Latvian fan must give his 2 cents about some "bad Russians". You know, 3 times is a system, and it's already more than that here. Nobody except maybe 20 ppl scattered all over the country would really give a damn about non-russian finals for "nationalism" reasons. Every fan is upset if his team is eliminated, but that's it. I still wonder why you ppl can't cope with the idea that a lot of Russians cheered for Dinamo Riga against SKA, probably because of the "russian hockey nationalism":help:

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Guys, stop this. There are a lot of fools in every nation. It's a hockey forum

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
We don't have those. "Hockey nationalism" is a phenomenon with no roots in Russia. I don't want to start this again, but it seems like at every single occasion at HF a Latvian fan must give his 2 cents about some "bad Russians". You know, 3 times is a system, and it's already more than that here. Nobody except maybe 20 ppl scattered all over the country would really give a damn about non-russian finals for "nationalism" reasons. Every fan is upset if his team is eliminated, but that's it. I still wonder why you ppl can't cope with the idea that a lot of Russians cheered for Dinamo Riga against SKA, probably because of the "russian hockey nationalism":help:

Well, as always there is someone who takes my post the wrong way and gets overprotective over nothing. First off "hockey nationalism" is a term I invented at the time of my post, so I'm not sure where you already gained an idea it is necessarily a bad thing or even aimed solely at Russia and people living there. I'd say "hockey nationalism" is on display also in CHL, when foreign goalies are banned. So there's that.

Also my post, has nothing to do with the fact I'm Latvian, Russian, Korean or Gypsy. I'm close enough to Russian hockey circles, to know that KHL is still kinda treated as a Russian championship and winner still calls itself a Russian champion, so I just want to see as an idea, an occurrence that no Russian team can announce itself as a best in Russia. That's it.

Would love to see Russian dual nationals representing other countries internationally, not counted against foreigner limit like in most countries, but it meets strong disapproval from basically everyone starting with our good friend Tretyak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad