Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 9??

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So we love Georgiev and useless Johansen because the entertainment value? Dang. I never those things as a positive.
Don't need to love them. Just need to remember its a long way until the playoffs and things can change between now and April. In the meantime enjoy the entertaining games that come along and get the Avs fired up. You can see a different energy in the team when they face a challenge such as being down 2 goals. The Cup year they could be down 3 or 4 goals and you knew they would find a way to get a shot at a win. Some of that appears to be back.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NHLInjuryViz

Feb 12, 2020
My favourite part of this game is discovering the Avs have 10x as many man games lost as Dallas
They’ve got significantly more than the Stars regardless (albeit a big chunk due to Landeskog and Francouz was no surprise) but the 10x is a bit misleading since the Avs seem to be including 80+ games “missed” by Beaucage, Foudy and Wagner while on Season Opening IR, when they weren’t likely to be on the roster anyway.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just gonna drop this in here but if I was a Stars fan I would be irate at that Faksa go at the empty net with like 2 minutes left. He could have put the game away on the empty netter but decided to suck.
IIRC he’s been a healthy scratch for a few games this season so I think the team isn’t overly fond of him either.

Reactions: missionAvs

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
All these comebacks are great for the team, these shared experience are instilling a belief in the team that they can overcome anything together.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Why was Georgiev facing directly to his left on the first Dallas goal?

All these comebacks are great for the team, these shared experience are instilling a belief in the team that they can overcome anything together.

Or it’s an indication they’re constantly overcoming bad performances by Georgiev.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
He doesn’t get high sticked if he doesn’t trip JJ… should’ve been no penalty at all.

Also how’d they miss the too man men before Dallas scored goal 4?
It should have been a tripping call, and no penalty on JMFJ. Yet as I have previously noted, NHL refs fvcking suck.

Why was Georgiev facing directly to his left on the first Dallas goal?
The puck was behind the net and Colton was trying to bring it out to George's left. Colton lost control of the puck and it slide out to George's right and got popped into the net. That one was on Colton. Who, btw, looked like he is still hurting from taking a shot to his knee a few games back.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It should have been a tripping call, and no penalty on JMFJ.

The puck was behind the net and Colton was trying to bring it out to George's left. Colton lost control of the puck and it slide out to George's right and got popped into the net. That one was on Colton. Who, btw, looked like he is still hurting from taking a shot to his knee a few games back.

The play was to his right though. Nothing on the left. The Stars brought cast did a freeze frame as it went in and Georgiev facing the wrong way was quite noticable.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
The play was to his right though. Nothing on the left. The Stars brought cast did a freeze frame as it went in and Georgiev facing the wrong way was quite noticable.
Dude it doesnt have to be his fault every time. Lol. That GA was all Colton. Pick from one of the other 100 things from this season you could justifiably crucify Georgiev for

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Ya but he noticed Colton had the puck and was skating behind the net towards his left side so he made his move over. The puck slid off of Colton's stick when he was stickhandling and went right out in front on the right side.

I blame Colton there. Perhaps Georgiev moved over a fraction early but honestly it's hard to blame him there.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He doesn’t get high sticked if he doesn’t trip JJ… should’ve been no penalty at all.

Also how’d they miss the too man men before Dallas scored goal 4?

It should have been a tripping call, and no penalty on JMFJ. Yet as I have previously noted, NHL refs fvcking suck.

I think what pissed me off the most is that I didn't notice the trip...until they reviewed the play. It was clear as day that JMFJ was tripped yet they went ahead and still called it a double minor.

NHL referees (attempt to) play as much of a role in determining the outcome of a game as the players. I don't think the NHL is staged like wrestling, but the officiating is pretty comparable.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
@nammerus where are you at brother guy? We all predicted W's in here and were 100% of the time correct every time.

He's waiting for the next loss like
STEI.gif

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
As somebody who has watched him for years... this is not abnormal. People get hyped when they see the tools and the flash... it just never maintains substance.
Just my two cents, but I think the Wood / Colton / LOC line is an example of the sum being greater than the parts. On the whole, LOC and Wood are good 4th liners who can play up - individually - for spot duty. But add Colton to the mix, and I likely am happy enough with that 3rd line for the rest of the season. I would even deploy that line sporadically against the opponent's top line, just to wear them out ( and let Drouin / Mac / Nuke feast on the 2nd line.)

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad