The Canucks

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Alright it might sound early and all, yes sometimes we have 3 straight losses but to be honest I don't feel that we have a Stanley contending team. What would you do at the trade deadline? because clearly this team needs to make some moves or we are looking at another early exit in the playoffs.

Weak spots:

-Defense has been weak
-Forwards need to work harder
-60 min effort
-Powerplay

I think we need to get some new defense if they aren't good by then because they have been horrible since the start.

Possibly a new coach?

Anyways the Canucks need to make a new move somewhere.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Forwards are fine, effort is okay most of the time... goaltending is mostly exceptional... Defense is horrendous right now.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I wish if we could ship out Garrison for a PMD. Not sure why we gave him his money if he can't play the position we need him to play.

Other than that, I think the team looks just fine on paper. Maybe a Top 6 upgrade if applicable but no need to blow up the farm. Our problem has been getting it together.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I think they should have did these lines

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Wizeman*

Kesler hasnt played in 9 months and it shows. Another 9 or so games and he will be back. Maybe it will take 20 games.

Booth is a disaster. I know its been 1 game but he acts like a 4th liner now.

Garrison needs more time but he looks like hes over matched. Playing in the South East division is not the same as the Western conference. Keith Ballard found that out the hard way.

We have too much money tied up in mediocre goalies that rarely outplay their opponents. Why not just save the money like the Hawks and others do?

I am sorely disappointed in the team at this point. They look good but not great. There is no way this current team beats the current Chicago team in a 7 game series.

Its true the Hawks are not going to be as good once they come back down to earth but we have our work cut out for us.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Kesler hasnt played in 9 months and it shows. Another 9 or so games and he will be back. Maybe it will take 20 games.

Garrison needs more time but he looks like hes over matched. Playing in the South East division is not the same as the Western conference. Keith Ballard found that out the hard way.

We have too much money tied up in mediocre goalies that rarely outplay their opponents. Why not just save the money like the Hawks and others do?

I am sorely disappointed in the team at this point. They look good but not great. There is no way this current team beats the current Chicago team in a 7 game series.

Its true the Hawks are not going to be as good once they come back down to earth but we have our work cut out for us.
1 game. Are you a Booth hater or just being completely ridiculous here?

Luongo has been good pretty much all year.

I realize the hawks are just red hot right now, similar to the bruins last year, but the Canucks just don't seem like they will ever be capable of rattling off 16 without a regulation loss. chicago is just 10000 times more consistent.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Give Kesler 20 games to get back up to speed, but give none for Booth? He hasn't played for 9 months, either.

"rarely outplay"? Other than the home opener stinker and the Stars game, Schneider and Luongo have at the very worst given us a chance to win and at best stolen many points. Our defensive play has generally been a circus, but we have two fantastic goaltenders saving everyone's bacons night in and out.

We would be off to another sub .500 AV star if not for our stellar goaltending.

Wizeman*

1 game. Are you a Booth hater or just being completely ridiculous here?

Luongo has been good pretty much all year.

I realize the hawks are just red hot right now, similar to the bruins last year, but the Canucks just don't seem like they will ever be capable of rattling off 16 without a regulation loss. chicago is just 10000 times more consistent.

I even stated it was just one game for booth but I just dont see it when we need the cap space next year. I like David Booth.

I am not a 'hater' Serge2k. I dont think in those childish terms.

Luongo has played fine most of the time. His contract sucks.Either he or Schneider needs to go. Its too much money tied up in goaltending.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
3 straght losses.

3 straight blown leads.

Zero effort tonight.

2-1 and 1-0 are hardly leads. Yes, the Dallas game resulted in a blown lead, but not he last two. We've technically had 1 loss and 2 SO losses. We've played pretty well up until tonight (however, the D just imploded).

Wizeman*

Give Kesler 20 games to get back up to speed, but give none for Booth? He hasn't played for 9 months, either.

"rarely outplay"? Other than the home opener stinker and the Stars game, Schneider and Luongo have at the very worst given us a chance to win and at best stolen many points. Our defensive play has generally been a circus, but we have two fantastic goaltenders saving everyone's bacons night in and out.

We would be off to another sub .500 AV star if not for our stellar goaltending.

Lol at 'stellar' goal tending. Lol at sub 500 with other goalies.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I even stated it was just one game for booth but I just dont see it when we need the cap space next year. I like David Booth.

I dont keep him next year.

Luongo has played fine most of the time. His contract sucks.Either he or Schneider needs to go. Its too much money tied up in goaltending.
Then discuss it in the offseason.

What is this strange idea people have that we need to clear space for next year right now?

Luongo's contract has absolutely zero to do with his level of play which has been far from mediocre.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
2-1 and 1-0 are hardly leads. Yes, the Dallas game resulted in a blown lead, but not he last two. We've technically had 1 loss and 2 SO losses. We've played pretty well up until tonight (however, the D just imploded).
oh well I guess 2 goals is hardly a lead either.

and you know, they got really close to OT in dallas so that's almost a point.

Why don't we just be happy about how awesome the canucks have been!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

If it takes Kesler twenty games to get going. We better pick up the slack. Thus far, I'd say we are not even trying.

How in the world do you assess that evaluation of Booth on one game? He actually played decent.

If it were not for Luongo and Schneider, we wouldn't be in the playoffs. This team has been marred by horrid inconsistency and our goaltending is the only reason we have any semblance of contendership.

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
I sure am glad it's only a third of the way through the season, because it's just discouraging to watch them play this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad