The Canadiens are 31-0-3 when leading after the second period

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well, off the top of my head and most recent would be playing Bourque. Bourque scores. Putting Bouillon back in the lineup after sitting him for a long period and he comes back and looks good and scores the OT winner. Sure probably some luck, but he has the feel for how his players are performing and has had the hot hand lately.
Yeah, that didn't convince me. He put Bouillon in and then played him huge minutes while Bouillon struggled on the ice. And Bourque floated per usual last night. You kind of have to try him again at some point, but you also know how it's going to end up. But of course, my mind was made up 6 months ago, so you can't actually come up with arguments that will convince me, it was an unfair question, sorry. :blush:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sorry, what was his previous "right call"... ? Or the one before? :dunno:

Habs played a good game against Boston, and everything went right, such that even while being outplayed you could see a team working hard and getting the breaks, and showing character and commitment. All good. But I don't really understand how that one game balances an entire season of poor coaching. :dunno:

He's not a poor coach, don't you know? We've been amazing all year because we're 4th.
He should be nominated for the Jack Adams despite his team having one of the worst possession numbers out there.
9 ES shots on net yesterday? Whatever man, his strategy was to play like we're on the PK even at ES, it's actually impressive we had 9 ES shots. We won the game. So eat dirt, Therrien is obviously getting the best out of the guys here (just ignore everybody have worse numbers than last year and for some, career worst. That's irrelevant.).

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
This team does show some resolve.

I can remember multiple games off the top of my head where the habs blow the lead at some point in the 3rd, only to regain the lead before the end of the 3rd or OT.

Its not that they are playing a great shut down game, but they don't seem to fold like a cheap tent if they lose the lead either. Last night was no exception.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A little perspective might be needed. Buffalo has never lost when leading after two periods either.
Matter of fact 21 teams have lost between 0-2 times in regulation when leading after 2 periods. 7 are undefeated in regulation, 10 have only lost once.

Most teams are pretty good at maintaining their lead when they start the 3rd with at least an extra goal on the board. I'm not sure how impressed I should be about this.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, that didn't convince me. He put Bouillon in and then played him huge minutes while Bouillon struggled on the ice. And Bourque floated per usual last night. You kind of have to try him again at some point, but you also know how it's going to end up. But of course, my mind was made up 6 months ago, so you can't actually come up with arguments that will convince me, it was an unfair question, sorry. :blush:

No worries I've stopped trying to convince people a long time ago. ;)

I thought Bouillon played well since coming back. Solid hits, simple plays, mind you he did have that nasty turnover. Bourque yeah always like that, 1-2 good games here, many others where he's going through the motions instead of engaging.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I was totally shocked when I saw this stat, I mean I knew we played a much more confident game when scoring first and so on, but I didn't realize how lights out we were.
I guess when Therrien puts the boys into shut down mode late in the game he actually knows what hes doing.

SherbrookeW

Nov 20, 2007
At some point, MT's ability to keep this team punching above its apparent weight has to be clear even to the myopic panic-stricken, half-witted fanboy types.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Phew, I applied reverse jinx just in time. The offside goal happened seconds after I posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad