The Canadiens are 31-0-3 when leading after the second period

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The Canadiens are 31-0-3 when leading after the second period. Finally no more 3rd period meltdowns like previous seasons :D :yo:

But....but.....but how can that be? Therrien is an idiot and Bergevin is his moron brother. At least that's what half of the posters on this board are telling me.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
that stat feels like bizarro world to me

also, wouldn't that mean therrien is doing something right? guess not

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
It doesn't matter, all our weaknesses trump our strengths, we won't go far in the playoffs.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Michel Therrien

I have to say it's getting almost as funny reading people's new creative ways to discredit anything he does as it is reading them discredit anything DD has done. Not sure which one takes the cake though. :laugh:

All that crap aside. You have to give the guy credit. I thought playing Budaj last night was a mistake but he just keeps making the right calls. Has the team going right now too. Talked about character and how proud he was of the players last night. Personally the guy is growing on me. He seems to have that room thinking as a unit and wanting to play for each other.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Well, maybe it shows that Therrien is good with intermissions speeches. He seems to be a good motivator, let's give him that.

His bench management though...

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
All that crap aside. You have to give the guy credit. I thought playing Budaj last night was a mistake but he just keeps making the right calls.
Sorry, what was his previous "right call"... ? Or the one before? :dunno:

Habs played a good game against Boston, and everything went right, such that even while being outplayed you could see a team working hard and getting the breaks, and showing character and commitment. All good. But I don't really understand how that one game balances an entire season of poor coaching. :dunno:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Sorry, what was his previous "right call"... ? Or the one before? :dunno:

Habs played a good game against Boston, and everything went right, such that even while being outplayed you could see a team working hard and getting the breaks, and showing character and commitment. All good. But I don't really understand how that one game balances an entire season of poor coaching. :dunno:

Well, off the top of my head and most recent would be playing Bourque. Bourque scores. Putting Bouillon back in the lineup after sitting him for a long period and he comes back and looks good and scores the OT winner. Sure probably some luck, but he has the feel for how his players are performing and has had the hot hand lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad