Pre-Game Talk: The Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
If Bennett gets sat instead of Glass or Adams then all the "irrational hate" becomes instantly rational. I'd love to have Z and Megna manning the 4th line. We need other other lines to put teams on their heels.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Tanner Glass is our worst player right now, and I don't even see it as arguable. His grit is not actually very useful, and it certainly doesn't make up for his shortcomings everywhere else. He's just not a good player.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Tanner Glass is our worst player right now, and I don't even see it as arguable. His grit is not actually very useful, and it certainly doesn't make up for his shortcomings everywhere else. He's just not a good player.

Grit has zero value in hockey. It is even worse when that is all the value you have. I don't see "grit" columns on the scoreboard or in the box scores.

He is well below every single player in Corsi in the playoffs.
http://www.extraskater.com/team/pittsburgh-penguins/2013p

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
All this Glass talk has reminded me.

Stempniak and Goc were solid pickups. But imagine if Shero would have taken my phone call and realized how good Cammalleri would have been for the playoffs. Sid would've had his guy, not to mention if we do get to the ECF he would've been fired up to go up against either his former team or the team he did so well against while in the division. Also, it would've allowed for Bennett- Sutter - Stempniak to be the 3rd line with Vitale - Goc - Gibbons/Adams as the 4th. Yes Adams would still be in, but no doubt that would have removed Glass.

I know there's a lot here who don't like Cammy but it certainly couldn't have hurt to get him. Wouldn't have taken a first round pick. Not after seeing how the deadline turned out this year( it definitely would have taken that last year). But the focus was on Kesler.

Aright last time I'm mentioning it. Pisses me off he goes all in at the deadline where prices were thru the roof, but after seeing how cheap players were this year he didn't land a guy like Cam.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Seriously. Who's "kitchen" has Glass ever been in?

Even though I would like Glass scratched currently, he had a great game against the Senators in the final game of the season where he was in Neil's kitchen all game. He beat him up, challenged him again and again, and when Neil tried his dirt-bag after the whistle stuff with Maatta Glass was right there in Neil's face screaming and yelling, getting Maatta out of the line of fire.

All this Glass talk has reminded me.

Stempniak and Goc were solid pickups. But imagine if Shero would have taken my phone call and realized how good Cammalleri would have been for the playoffs. Sid would've had his guy, not to mention if we do get to the ECF he would've been fired up to go up against either his former team or the team he did so well against while in the division. Also, it would've allowed for Bennett- Sutter - Stempniak to be the 3rd line with Vitale - Goc - Gibbons/Adams as the 4th. Yes Adams would still be in, but no doubt that would have removed Glass.

I know there's a lot here who don't like Cammy but it certainly couldn't have hurt to get him. Wouldn't have taken a first round pick. Not after seeing how the deadline turned out this year( it definitely would have taken that last year). But the focus was on Kesler.

Aright last time I'm mentioning it. Pisses me off he goes all in at the deadline where prices were thru the roof, but after seeing how cheap players were this year he didn't land a guy like Cam.

That would've been a lot of draft picks to be giving up for Stemp, Goc, AND Cammalleri.

Cough...Hemsky!

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Even though I would like Glass scratched currently, he had a great game against the Senators in the final game of the season where he was in Neil's kitchen all game. He beat him up, challenged him again and again, and when Neil tried his dirt-bag after the whistle stuff with Maatta Glass was right there in Neil's face screaming and yelling, getting Maatta out of the line of fire.
Too bad he doesn't have games like that more than once every couple of months.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Grit has zero value in hockey. It is even worse when that is all the value you have. I don't see "grit" columns on the scoreboard or in the box scores.

He is well below every single player in Corsi in the playoffs.
http://www.extraskater.com/team/pittsburgh-penguins/2013p

I'm not arguing for Glass, but saying grit has zero value in hockey and that you don't see it in box scores is beyond asinine. It's like saying toughness, physicality, and winning puck battles has zero value. There's a ton more to hockey over what you see in box scores.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

That would've been a lot of draft picks to be giving up for Stemp, Goc, AND Cammalleri.
!

It's ok , we have enough defensemen .

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Couple points...
1. I am thrilled that Vitale/Sutter are practicing...
2. Cardboard Orpik ought to be on the bench during games... no idea why they don't have that going yet.
3. Glass was sat last playoffs when things were going badly... I could see them doing this again... but never Adams... never Adams bwahahahahaha
4. Id still keep Glass over Adams even though Glass was the worse player last series... Glass could play the Adams role with a little more speed and fighting ability... though either could be replaced easily from a talent point of view. I just do not know why we don't play the speed we have for IMO low value hitters and shotblockers
5. The Rags are the better team... I still want Philly to lose cause screw that team 1975 must live on... and we suck vs them anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad