The Buffaslug isn't the worst logo in NHL history?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
No non-love for the old Vancouver "algae pool rink" logo?

1918_vancouver_canucks_logo_2_edited.jpg

This one?

I always thought it was a cool, understated logo.

I was thinking about tweaking it for my beer league team when our sponsor was Ocusight.

NucksO_zpscc7b4687.jpg

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Without even looking at the link... the Gorton Fisherman has to be the worst of the modern era primary jerseys

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
Why the hell is the early-90s Vancouver flying skate logo on that list??? That one is awesome.

Also, I think the slug is better than the 3-D monstrosity Ottawa has now... hehe.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Pretty good list actually. I'd sub the algae pool rink in for the canucks old skate logo. I actually kind of liked that jersey. I have an old Bure one tucked away in my closet.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Within the top 5 worst NHL jerseys ... IMO has to be the NY Islanders fisherman, the Buffaslug, the original Coyotes logo, the original Wild logo, the purple kings logo.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I can't believe they have the current Winnipeg logo at #10 on the list.

I personally love that thing and think it is a brilliantly coordinated piece of graphic design.

The precise choice for the blue and red is spot on, it is a play on the CAF/RAF logo, it incorporates a Maple Leaf, and it even has an F-18, which is flown by the CAF and a great looking fighter.

They should keep that logo forever. Especially considering how heinous the last one was.

Whoever compiled this list was at least smart enough to put the slug near the top. Holy cow that thing was bad.

PS: I love the old Vancouver "algae pool" logo with the stick. Totally old school and understated.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I can't believe they have the current Winnipeg logo at #10 on the list.

I personally love that thing and think it is a brilliantly coordinated piece of graphic design.

The precise choice for the blue and red is spot on, it is a play on the CAF/RAF logo, it incorporates a Maple Leaf, and it even has an F-18, which is flown by the CAF and a great looking fighter.

They should keep that logo forever. Especially considering how heinous the last one was.

Whoever compiled this list was at least smart enough to put the slug near the top. Holy cow that thing was bad.

PS: I love the old Vancouver "algae pool" logo with the stick. Totally old school and understated.

See I loved the old winnipeg jets logo and think the new one is awful. Just a matter of opinion I guess...

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Hard to debate the Blue Jacket, but I'm surprised these didn't make the list.

The Carolina Tropical Storm flag. Come on, it's factually incorrect.
The Dallas Mooterus.

The Rangers, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins, and Red Wings primary logos. It's 2012, not 1912.

/Facepalm

If it ain't broke, why mess with it?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hard to debate the Blue Jacket, but I'm surprised these didn't make the list.

The Carolina Tropical Storm flag. Come on, it's factually incorrect.
The Dallas Mooterus.

The Rangers, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins, and Red Wings primary logos. It's 2012, not 1912.

Being a Rangers fan, I am biased to say it's all fine :laugh: But nah, I disagree respectfully. I like the O6 stuff, not much going on but it gets the point across that it's a pro team and has tradition, just like the 70's original Buffalo logo. Like the new/modern Sabres one, which still shows the history of the greats but at the same time, the modern-ness of it all, the Rangers have the dark blue "New York" that kinda has a flashy "new vintage" look to it.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The thing about the Blue Jacket logo was that they didn't wear it on the chest.... but that Islander Fisherman was visible.... and completely awful.... I do like the orginal Coyotes logo... it was weird but cool at the same time.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
The thing about the Blue Jacket logo was that they didn't wear it on the chest.... but that Islander Fisherman was visible.... and completely awful.... I do like the orginal Coyotes logo... it was weird but cool at the same time.

I always thought the original 'Yotes logo looked like Wile E. Coyote on acid.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

That's why I think the Slug should make it to number 1 on the worst list. That was the Sabres' primary logo.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
I quite like 5, 6, and 8. As for the "Buffaslug", nothing wrong with that either, except it's almost a copy of the Bills logo.

wilson1379

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
How didn't this make the list?

This one is way worse than a lot of those. I don't really agree with that list, although most of them are bad, there are plenty that are worse like the Dallas one posted above.

nashville-predators-alt-logo-02.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad