Post-Game Talk: The Bruins Rule - Comeback for the ages! Bruins win 5-4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I still don't understand why the ref didn't immediately blow the whistle when Rask lost his helmet.

I thought the same thing. Rask could have been nailed in the head while the Ref stood in suspended animation .

Given how they basically put the whistles away and let the the players play, it seems the Ref got caught spectating as opposed to doing his job - officiating.

Any time that I have watched IHF hockey, the officials are quick to end play when the goalie is bumped or their helmet comes off.

Xegiie

Oct 21, 2011
Czech republic
pretty funny, seeing ppl cheer now, those who were trashing whole team, couch and their mothers how bad they are.. i had to turn gdt off it was so bad

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
pretty funny, seeing ppl cheer now, those who were trashing whole team, couch and their mothers how bad they are.. i had to turn gdt off it was so bad

They deserved it.

They had 13 shots on James Reimer after two entire periods.

They were horrendous.

And now they deserve accolades for an amazing comeback. Notice most of us still kept watching and hoping and all the stuff that we should do while still being upset.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
don't have time to scroll back through all the posts, but the tying goal should be Horton's.

Very easy to see the puck changed direction and started to flutter after hitting the shaft of his stick.

That makes Horton as clutch in the playoffs as ANY Bruin in history.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
@DaleEArnold: To all asking: we have a complete re-air of last night's epic Game 7 (including all postgame) tonight & tomorrow at 6:30 PM on #NESNPlus.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Dont ever want to hear about Lucic being traded, or that he has no heart, and that he does nothing for the team on here EVER again.

I rewatched the whole third period today, and he single handedly took control and put his team on his back. Pure brillance.

Also, Chia talked today that behind closed doors they talked about net front presence throughout the series.

Funny, how they only seemed to be doing that late in the third. The win was unbelievable, but they HAVE to play consistent now.

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
don't have time to scroll back through all the posts, but the tying goal should be Horton's.

Very easy to see the puck changed direction and started to flutter after hitting the shaft of his stick.

That makes Horton as clutch in the playoffs as ANY Bruin in history.

Thought the same thing. Surprised no one else seems to have noticed it.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
BKPl3h_CcAALRGt.jpg-large-480x630.jpg

Wow... awesome

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
*Looks at author of that article*

James freakin' Murphy is the furthest thing from a journalist.

:biglaugh:

From the Bruins site: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=447328

Article dated: October 3, 2006.

Odd that he would have this written into his contract and yet they would wait 3 months to announce it, no?

As far as I know it was at the time common knowledge Chara was offered the position of Captain before signing, whether it was a spoken perk or a hard written contract stipulation I have no idea.

It was part of the coming of Chara as far as my memory serves and nobody batted an eye at the time.

Dave Lewis was coach, not many people cared, tickets were easy to get day of game :sarcasm:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
As far as I know it was at the time common knowledge Chara was offered the position of Captain before signing, whether it was a spoken perk or a hard written contract stipulation I have no idea.

It was part of the coming of Chara as far as my memory serves and nobody batted an eye at the time.

Dave Lewis was coach, not many people cared, tickets were easy to get day of game :sarcasm:

The Dave Lewis era was so bad, but so good for me because tickets were cheap and I could go often.

now? le sigh

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Dont ever want to hear about Lucic being traded, or that he has no heart, and that he does nothing for the team on here EVER again.
I rewatched the whole third period today, and he single handedly took control and put his team on his back. Pure brillance.

Also, Chia talked today that behind closed doors they talked about net front presence throughout the series.

Funny, how they only seemed to be doing that late in the third. The win was unbelievable, but they HAVE to play consistent now.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Thought the same thing. Surprised no one else seems to have noticed it.

I noticed it too, but it looked more to me that it didn't change direction until it passed by the Leaf player behind Horton. Tough to tell who it hit, but pretty sure it changed direction slightly. Not sure it would have mattered though, because Reimer NEVER saw it with Chara in front of him. he never even made a move to react to the shot.

mobileusa

Mar 30, 2013
yes Yes YES!!!!! I was hoping for this when i saw this live, i rewound this and watched it in slow motion probably 5 times. LOL this is also a strategy of mine to waste time to build up commercial fast forwarding time!

I can't stop laughing!

Hotshot320

Aug 24, 2006
Brampton
Okay. I have finally gained back my emotions enough to say congrats from this leaf fan. Must have been an awesome game from your perspective. Good luck in the next round.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
someone mentioned a confrontation between thornton and seguin before OT - anyone able to expand on that? sorry if it's been mentioned already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad