Post-Game Talk: The Bruins Rule - Comeback for the ages! Bruins win 5-4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
My wife sent this to me from last night..

Thought some of you would find it funny..

No, not that a woman would be stupid enough to marry me, let alone procreate..

The picture

Attachments

• CAM00660.jpg
    CAM00660.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 50

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Chara is a great player and there's no way in hell they win that Cup without him.
It's a shame he's not perfect...but he's been a top 5 d-man since he's been here. 29 teams would kill to have him.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
wow, Murph is tool. So Chara is in no mood to deal with ********** like Murph and KPD after a loss? Shocking and a real indictment on his character!

How is Chara in practices, how is he in the room between periods? that would me a **** ton more to me as a player than the horrendus tendency to be moody after a loss.

Reciting a few cliches for the media is much, MUCH more important than on-ice or locker room leadership.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
So, in other words, you have nothing but you are making statements...

...as if you did have some kind of evidence that proved -- factually, I might add -- otherwise. Ok.

This isn't from a message board: A look at the good, bad and ugly

Now, I won't say this is clear and convincing evidence, but it's definitely more than you have offered. Why? Because he's a journalist with access to the team and as far as I know, you are a message board poster.

Was/is this even allowed in the CBA to have anything but salary, bonuses, NTC/NMC and length written into a contract ?

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
Still absolutely amazed by last night. Will probably never see anything like that again.
I was trashing them when they were down 4-1, but who wasn't? We were playing like crap until 10 mins left in the 3rd period down 4-1. Even the most optimistic posters were upset. What happened was just unprecedented. Aside from the winning the Cup, what happened last night has to be my favorite sports moment of all time.

reidy

@reidjjackson
So, in other words, you have nothing but you are making statements...

...as if you did have some kind of evidence that proved -- factually, I might add -- otherwise. Ok.

This isn't from a message board: A look at the good, bad and ugly

Now, I won't say this is clear and convincing evidence, but it's definitely more than you have offered. Why? Because he's a journalist with access to the team and as far as I know, you are a message board poster.
*Looks at author of that article*

James freakin' Murphy is the furthest thing from a journalist.

:biglaugh:

From the Bruins site: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=447328

Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara has been named as the club’s Captain, it was announced today by Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli and Head Coach Dave Lewis. Chara becomes the 18th captain in the 82-year history of the team and joins such great Bruins as John Bucyk, Dit Clapper, Milt Schmidt, Cooney Weiland, Terry O’Reilly and Ray Bourque on the club’s all-time captain’s roster.

Article dated: October 3, 2006.

Odd that he would have this written into his contract and yet they would wait 3 months to announce it, no?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My wife sent this to me from last night..

Thought some of you would find it funny..

No, not that a woman would be stupid enough to marry me, let alone procreate..

The picture

Fantastic :handclap:

I was watching highlights again, and Lucic's reaction to the 4-4 tying goal is epic. Wide stance, arms out, battle cry towards the sky.

Boston Bruno

Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Fantastic :handclap:

I was watching highlights again, and Lucic's reaction to the 4-4 tying goal is epic. Wide stance, arms out, battle cry towards the sky.

It almost makes me think the ship could be "righted"..

There was so much "epic" about the come back on our side, and conversely the hard crash on the other. I cant imagine the kick in the gut a leafs fan would feel today.

Like they were robbed by nuns..

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
That's a bit sugar-coated I'd say.

That was a great delay by Hamilton before dishing to Bergeron, but up until that point, he was pretty bad last night. In a tough spot given the injuries and to be expected as a rookie, but I don't think our fate in that series was tied to Hamilton playing or not, especially given how solid Redden was when he was in.

?? I thought he played very well last night against a speedy and persistent Toronto O. At this point, there's no way I would want Ference in over him. Ference has become old and feeble, has become prone to giveways and provides virtually no offense.

Dougie will have some hiccups defensively, it's true, and he's still too thin for his height, but he more than makes up for that with his skating ability, shot and creativity. Redden's been great and I hope he comes back soon.

I'm happy though that we'll see Hamilton play now that Ference has a broken foot.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I don't... but... why?

He's extremely prone to turnovers especially when the puck is in his feet. His recovery time is so slow and I think that has a lot to do with his height. Don't get me wrong, the guy is one of the best at shutting down the other team, but he's just not quick enough for my liking.

Plus I've always felt like the team should have spent the money elsewhere (I.e. elite sniper) I'm more of an offense first type of fan and love watching teams with fast scoring wingers.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005

Good article.

If you play / follow sports long enough, you will experience both sides of the emotional scale.

As the ABC's Jim Mckay used to say at the beginning of ABC's Wide World of Sport:

"Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport... the thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat... the human drama of athletic competition... This is ABC's Wide World of Sports!"

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
?? I thought he played very well last night against a speedy and persistent Toronto O. At this point, there's no way I would want Ference in over him. Ference has become old and feeble, has become prone to giveways and provides virtually no offense.

Dougie will have some hiccups defensively, it's true, and he's still too thin for his height, but he more than makes up for that with his skating ability, shot and creativity. Redden's been great and I hope he comes back soon.

I'm happy though that we'll see Hamilton play now that Ference has a broken foot.

Fair enough, we definitely don't see eye to eye there.

I thought Ference played really well this series and for most of the last month or so. I'd play him (if he's healthy enough- when he's nursing an injury is when he tends to be bad) over Hamilton at this point without a second thought.

I thought Hamilton was very shaky last night. Overskated a puck bringing it up on the PP that if the Leafs had reacted a bit quicker to, ends up a SH breakaway. Him and Bartkowski had a back and forth passing session when they were down 4-1 where 3-4 passes were a foot off, ending with Hamilton shoveling a pass in the neutral zone to no one.

I'm a big Hamilton fan but I thought he was clearly the B's worst D last night. Not criticizing him as like I said, you expect it from a rookie D in a tough series like that, but I don't think his absence played any part in the Bruins not closing the series out any quicker than they did.

Boston Bruno

Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Good article.

If you play / follow sports long enough, you will experience both sides of the emotional scale.

As the ABC's Jim Mckay used to say at the beginning of ABC's Wide World of Sport:

"Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport... the thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat... the human drama of athletic competition... This is ABC's Wide World of Sports!"

Great music with that intro too..

I remember watching Ali on WWOS..so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad