Post-Game Talk: The Bruins Rule - Comeback for the ages! Bruins win 5-4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
someone mentioned a confrontation between thornton and seguin before OT - anyone able to expand on that? sorry if it's been mentioned already.

Thornton didn't elaborate, neither did Tyler. They pretty much said that he gave him a pep talk during intermission. It probably went like this..

22: Stop sucking or I'll kick your ass.
19: K.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I found it distasteful.

But to each their own...

Really? I find it extremely poignant.

From one of the worst days in recent Boston history.. where so many people were affected. Just.. a really sad day.

To last night.. the sheer ELATION from the entire city. The juxtaposition of both of those pictures is amazing to me. From absolute fear and sadness to absolute glee.

I'm no art major or anything but man. I thought it was cool as hell. I saw it as a positive, not a negative. But again, like you said; to each their own.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yeah. Heard this, too. But no details.

Spill it!!

Haggerty touched on it in a column today. Didn't say much beyond, Thornton told him he expected Tyler to pick up his game and factor into winning the game in OT. More a vote of confidence that he could do it rather than a confrontation from the sounds of it but who knows.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
There is a reason why James Murphy got run off this board. He is a hack reporter who is better off writing on the gossip happenings of a high school girls locker room then reporting on a professional sports team. I can't believe people here are actually citing him as an actual source. I'm sure in real life he's a nice enough guy, but when you're in the profession he is in, you're judged by your words and the reputation that you built for yourself. Based on that alone, Jimmy Murphy is a gigantic pile of crap.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
There is a reason why James Murphy got run off this board. He is a hack reporter who is better off writing on the gossip happenings of a high school girls locker room then reporting on a professional sports team. I can't believe people here are actually citing him as an actual source. I'm sure in real life he's a nice enough guy, but when you're in the profession he is in, you're judged by your words and the reputation that you built for yourself. Based on that alone, Jimmy Murphy is a gigantic pile of crap.

:laugh::laugh: was he the guy who reported this so-called "confrontation"? if so, my apologies for even asking about it. that guy is worse than crabs. also, i think he's only "nice" to people if they listen to his show or read his blog.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Really? I find it extremely poignant.

From one of the worst days in recent Boston history.. where so many people were affected. Just.. a really sad day.

To last night.. the sheer ELATION from the entire city. The juxtaposition of both of those pictures is amazing to me. From absolute fear and sadness to absolute glee.

I'm no art major or anything but man. I thought it was cool as hell. I saw it as a positive, not a negative. But again, like you said; to each their own.

I didn't see it that way. But I understand your point of view here.

I saw it more from the perspective of the three "heroes" in action. I think that was what the person putting them together noticed, the body positions of the three players verses the three police officers.

And I don't see the scenes as analogous.

But I wasn't outraged or anything, and your view point definitely seems logical.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

Context is everything, of course. I agree, Murph is a bit of a hack and generally I wouldn't use him as a source. However, in this case, in the manner in which I cited him, I think it was appropriate.

You have someone who says, more or less, he has factual evidence regarding Chara's contract not containing a captaincy clause and that folks who believe it does have nothing to go on outside of fan rumor on a fan board. But at the end of the day all he has for factual evidence is his own speculation -- fan rumor, if you will, posted on a fan board -- that it doesn't.

In my case, I at least have a reporter with access to the team that says otherwise. Hack though he may be, he has more credibility than the average fan posting on a fan board. Not a whole lot more, granted.

At the end of it all, there is no factual evidence I've seen one way or the other.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
:laugh::laugh: was he the guy who reported this so-called "confrontation"? if so, my apologies for even asking about it. that guy is worse than crabs. also, i think he's only "nice" to people if they listen to his show or read his blog.

No, there's a link to it somewhere here. NESN had a video clip with Seguin that I didn't get to watch from work....I'd like to see it now.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Context is everything, of course. I agree, Murph is a bit of a hack and generally I wouldn't use him as a source. However, in this case, in the manner in which I cited him, I think it was appropriate.

You have someone who says, more or less, he has factual evidence regarding Chara's contract not containing a captaincy clause and that folks who believe it does have nothing to go on outside of fan rumor on a fan board. But at the end of the day all he has for factual evidence is his own speculation -- fan rumor, if you will, posted on a fan board -- that it doesn't.

In my case, I at least have a reporter with access to the team that says otherwise. Hack though he may be, he has more credibility than the average fan posting on a fan board. Not a whole lot more, granted.

At the end of it all, there is no factual evidence I've seen one way or the other.

He has had reported "facts" turn out to be false a number of times.

Biggest reason he was disliked on here. Unlike Haggs, where people disliked his opinions/agenda.

Murphy deserved to be run out of here, Haggs not-so-much (and I say that as someone that no longer reads Haggerty after being a big fan).

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

Murphy was mostly run off these boards for "reporting" that Pronger was a Bruin and when he signed with Philly he recanted, saying that Pronger had "agreed in principle". Just becase nobody has had the gall to request that someone produces Chara's contract for inspection does not mean Murphy has any factual evidence whatsoever and, in fact, has more to gain from reporting speculation as fact than anybody on a fan forum.

Credibility? Please!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Murphy has ZERO credibility. Have you been here for some of his board debacles? This Aaron Ward tweet war just adds to the pile. He is a joke and I wouldn't be off-base when I say many in the inner circle of lockerrooms feel the same way.

People build reputations on this board over the years. You learn who you can trust and who you can't. That same sort of trust building reputation also applies to the so called insiders and reporters. After a few years of reading and following, you can tell who's good at what they do ( ie: reporting ) and who is only around for rumor mill gossip with no merit.

Chara is a good captain, regardless of what Jimmy Murphy thinks. Chara won the leadership award a couple of years ago for league's best captain. You don't garner that kind of reputation with players and media without having leadership qualities.

Is Bergeron just as good a leader as Chara? IMO, yes. Wearing a letter on your chest is just a symbol; the real work gets done on the ice and behind the scenes. Bergeron could be wearing the C right now per Murphy's wishes and nothing would change:Chara would still be the same leader his is right now, as would Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad