NHL The Bruins have no clue who they will play in Round 1

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I expect the Bruins will get dusted in the first round, but am down to be pleasantly surprised. 2015 draft has come/is coming home to roost. Why the f*** did they not just draft Barzal/Connor? They would be a juggernaut. Nah, not going to get over it (before someone replies saying that).

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Get ready for the Hurricanes.

BOS

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A week from now we will know but the Bruins hold on WC1 is now tenuous.

24 hours ago I looked at the 5 last games and pencilled in wins against Montreal and Buffalo and the games with NYR, Florida and Toronto to be battles.

But now Montreal could be more challenging because it will be the first home game since Lafluer passed away.

:popcorn:

They are now holding tie breaker for first overall and best odds for Wright or whoever

I am hoping they win tonight in overtime

Last 23 games with Pastrnak and a healthy team 19-3-1

They can run table if they try

Reactions: sarge88

jstaal

go canes go
Apr 14, 2009
mass
With the injury to Andersen last night, things could change quite a lot. Jordan Staal was also injured and left the game. One of the reasons never to get cocky as a fan base is injuries can greatly change the outcome in the playoffs. Carolina rubs me the wrong way with their gloating about the regular season games against the Bruins. That is a dangerous game.
Not here to troll, when did the Canes gloat?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Moneypuck.com has the Bruins with the 6th-best chance of winning the Stanley Cup. I'm not sure I'd give the Bs the 6th-best chance in coming out of the East.

Am I missing something here?

View attachment 535102

Most of these models tend to value 5-on-5 play and the Bruins have the highest expected goals % in the league. Their actual goals % lags behind that, so the theory would be that they've had "bad luck", which could turn in the playoffs.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I look at Carolina's roster and it's just not that impressive.

Is Domi as 2C even better than Haula? That guy is a defensive liability and takes dumb penalties. I'd be hitting him every shift in the playoffs.

I'm not sure Trochek is that much better either.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins vs Canes very likely

If your ranking the players the Bruins have the 3 best players in the series

1 McAvoy
2 Pastrnak
3 Marchand
4 Slavin
5 Aho

Would be my top 5

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Just looking at the standings, the Bruins will clinch at least WC1 with:
1) One win in their final three games
2) One Penguins loss
3) One Caps loss + one OT loss

Looking at the tie-breakers, Carolina now only needs one more win to clinch the Metro, or one Rangers regulation loss.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
True...high odds I'm sure. Didn't the B's collapse after winning President Trophy a few years ago...? Can't remember what year...I'm getting old..sorry..lol
Over the past 8 seasons,now this isn’t counting the last 2 Covid seasons,not sure if Tampa finished first over all or not , I think there should be an asterisk on the last 2 seasons, but before that only one Presidents' Trophy winner – Detroit in 2008 – has gone on to win the Stanley Cup. During that same period, 4 regular season point leaders have been ousted in the first or second round.Yeah Bruins went out pretty early second round I believe.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I look at Carolina's roster and it's just not that impressive.

Is Domi as 2C even better than Haula? That guy is a defensive liability and takes dumb penalties. I'd be hitting him every shift in the playoffs.

I'm not sure Trochek is that much better either.
Carolina is Aho-Trocheck-Staal as their top 3C and Domi is a wing.
Trocheck is a lot better than Domi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad