NHL The Bruins have no clue who they will play in Round 1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1650169276005.png

7 games left and there are many possibilities at play.

The only sure thing is Florida will be the top seed in the East and play WC2 which could be Washington, Pittsburgh, or the Bruins.

The Bruins can certainly catch Tampa and wind up as A3 which would meet A2 Toronto.

Most likely the Bruins finish as WC1 by finishing as A4 and play the Metro winner which suddenly is a battle between Carolina and the Rangers.
The reality is this may well go to the final night on April 29th :popcorn:

1650170319961.png

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Bruins end the season with 5 games in 7 days...brutal.

Other East teams
TB: 5 in 7
Panthers: 5 in 7
Canes: 5 in 8
Caps: 5 in 8
Leafs: 5 in 9
Rags: 5 in 9
Pens: 5 in 9

TB and Panthers in same boat.

Pens and Leaf's have the best schedule going into the playoffs.

Leaf's should be nice and rested for the last game of the season against the Bruins. Bruin's will be craving for an extra day off.

Will be interesting to see what team's rest players in the final stretch. Really hope the Bruin's do. Although, you have to think the Caps may want to overtake the Bruins for WC1 spot and not play the Panthers. They may not rest anyone for that reason. And if the Bruin's rest players giving up wins and end up playing the Panthers instead of Canes/Rags, could be a bad move.

Reactions: TCB

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
With the injury to Andersen last night, things could change quite a lot. Jordan Staal was also injured and left the game. One of the reasons never to get cocky as a fan base is injuries can greatly change the outcome in the playoffs. Carolina rubs me the wrong way with their gloating about the regular season games against the Bruins. That is a dangerous game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carolina a mess and those two beat downs came with a wonky Rask in net here and games missing many of their better players

Historically we only need to look at Washington last year beating the Bruins 8-1 and another dominant win yet getting crushed in the playoffs when the Bruins were healthy

The Rangers are trending to the one seed

I’ll take healthy Boston over the Rangers

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Carolina w/o their No1 Goalie is definitely less of a scary proposition, Shesterkin could easily steal a series so who knows. The Bruins will have to play one of Tampa/Florida/Toronto eventually if they make it to the ECF. Unless Washington injuries every team into submission...

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I want wild card one and bring on the Cane or the Rangers.

I think the Bruins can win either series, but without question I would rather have the Cane, as I think the Rangers are a team that could really make a run this year as their goaltending can flat out win a series, the Canes not so much.

The Rangers, Bruins series would be nice to see, in the aspect of bringing back an old rivalry. It would be fun to watch. I would be pulling out my old hockey cards of Espo, Orr and Ratelle as the league leaders. lol.

Just want a healthy team heading into the playoffs and want to see the other contenders beat the hell out of one another before the Bruins face them. As far as physicality I feel a Cane or Rangers match-up, won't be nearly as physical taxing as the majority of the other first round series have the potential of being.

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins to the metro please

I’d rank the East team
1 tampa
2 Florida
3 toronto
4 carolina
5 boston
6 New York
7 Pittsburgh
8 Washington

So I’d rather be in the group with
Than

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I would personally do this. Play kids. Get the roster healthy. Try to get in the PO with momentum but mostly healthy. Bergeron for one would play 1 out of 2 games being in the line up at most in 3 of the last 7. Marchand needs some break also and need to avoid suspension type of action. PASTA and Lindholm need to get healthy and if needed - play one or 2 games at most. Hall being scratch once or two I can see. Protect Mac! And against big teams, avoid playing Carlo and 48! They oftenly get hurt. Hope we get 3 or 4 out of the last 7. Win the last 2 would be OK for me (2-5).

Bring anyone. Don't care. We will be for sure the underdog.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A Rangers vs Toronto series would be fascinating just not at expense of Bruins

Reactions: Ladyfan

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I would personally do this. Play kids. Get the roster healthy. Try to get in the PO with momentum but mostly healthy. Bergeron for one would play 1 out of 2 games being in the line up at most in 3 of the last 7. Marchand needs some break also and need to avoid suspension type of action. PASTA and Lindholm need to get healthy and if needed - play one or 2 games at most. Hall being scratch once or two I can see. Protect Mac! And against big teams, avoid playing Carlo and 48! They oftenly get hurt. Hope we get 3 or 4 out of the last 7. Win the last 2 would be OK for me (2-5).

This x1000

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I learned to not cheer for the bruins to play a certain team. 2009 came back to bite me in the ass when Carolina beat NJ and ended up playing the bruins.

I think when the bruins are playing like they can play, they make up well with anyone. If the Bruins are healthy, I like our chances.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I learned to not cheer for the bruins to play a certain team. 2009 came back to bite me in the ass when Carolina beat NJ and ended up playing the bruins.

I think when the bruins are playing like they can play, they make up well with anyone. If the Bruins are healthy, I like our chances.
good point, there are teams who I would say the B`s would have an immense amount of trouble with, the Canes and their never-ending motor would cause the B`s fits IMO but in all honesty, there simply isn`t any easy outs this year

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

This is a recipe to play the Panthers while removing any kind of momentum or synergy for the team. Terrible idea.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins end the season with 5 games in 7 days...brutal.

Other East teams
TB: 5 in 7
Panthers: 5 in 7
Canes: 5 in 8
Caps: 5 in 8
Leafs: 5 in 9
Rags: 5 in 9
Pens: 5 in 9

TB and Panthers in same boat.

Pens and Leaf's have the best schedule going into the playoffs.

Leaf's should be nice and rested for the last game of the season against the Bruins. Bruin's will be craving for an extra day off.

Will be interesting to see what team's rest players in the final stretch. Really hope the Bruin's do. Although, you have to think the Caps may want to overtake the Bruins for WC1 spot and not play the Panthers. They may not rest anyone for that reason. And if the Bruin's rest players giving up wins and end up playing the Panthers instead of Canes/Rags, could be a bad move.
good point, there are teams who I would say the B`s would have an immense amount of trouble with, the Canes and their never-ending motor would cause the B`s fits IMO but in all honesty, there simply isn`t any easy outs this year
Bruins will have trouble with any team they are 7 seed for a reason.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad