Online Series: The Boys (season 3)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Interesting that they're circling back to The Boys using superpowers to fight the Supes. After season 1 I made an attempt to read the original comics but couldn't stick with them. Mostly because the core concept is there but feels like it was written by an angry/jaded college sophomore running on a diet of cigarettes and cheap coffee who just got interested in politics. The show has some of the same intentions but it's executed with more nuance and polish.

But ranting aside, if I remember right, The Boys were on compound V from the beginning. And I think Butcher injected Hughie against his will not long after he started helping. I don't know how I feel about this 24 hour superhero powers twist to it. I think there was some room to do some interesting things narratively if The Boys got permanent powers. Maybe they'll still head in that direction

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Caught up on the first 3 episodes and this season is awesome so far.

Can't imagine how Homelander could have been more hated, but here we are.

Reactions: EXTRAS

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm only two in but I'm really enjoying it. Something about the pacing and direction of the scenes gives the show a real confident vibe. Still not the same feel as season 1, but you can tell the whole production knows they've got something good on their hands.

Honestly though the one thing I'd say that works against it in that sense is they did establish a year has passed but it's still super weird to see Hughie just hanging around the 7 in the first episode and then the pop in visit from Homelander to Butcher. Like it was a great scene. Really great stuff from two actors just killing it at each other, but the whole time it's like Homelander could just erase Butcher without breaking a sweat, and there not a whole lot of reason why he shouldn't, other than that FBI for Supes have Butcher on payroll, but we've already established that org is a farce. It's not that I thought the Butcher/Homelander scene was dumb, it just felt super surreal. I guess the fact that Butcher knows where his kid is being hidden is a good reason but, I mean, if Homelander tried hard enough he could find him eventually

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad