OT: The Booze Thread

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://earthboundfilmreviews.weebly.com/uploads/4/0/2/5/40255507/722510326.jpg

Beer lovers have a sweet new brew to look forward to.
Two Tampa Bay breweries have teamed up to use Krispy Kreme donuts in the brewing of their beers.
Both Hidden Springs Ale Works and Arkane Aleworks in Tampa, Florida, have starting brewing up batches of the beer, with one batch made out of dozens of glazed donuts, while the other is made out of cream-filled donuts, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
Hidden Springs Ale Works posted a picture of the brewing process on their Facebook last week, showing chunks of the donuts they’re mixing in with a Russian imperial stout that’s yet to be named.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Im surprised this thread isnt at least at page 10 by now the way this season is unfolding.

The way the Coyotes have been playing, by the time the game is over I'm so drunk that I don't remember that this thread even exists. Or anything, really, except where the vodka bottle is. Sometimes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@Lilhoody
What kind of green tea are we talking? Like a matcha or gyokuro? Or like an oolong or silver needle? Or maybe it doesn't matter much once you dump the cordial in?

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I need something strong to help get the crap taste of Arizona Coyotes out of my mouth. Any suggestions?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
@Lilhoody
What kind of green tea are we talking? Like a matcha or gyokuro? Or like an oolong or silver needle? Or maybe it doesn't matter much once you dump the cordial in?

We keep Kiss Me organic matcha and Prince of Peace organic jasmine bags on hand. I prefer the drink with bagged tea over matcha. Play around with it...report back @rt

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
So, how many of y'all have sampled meads? Thoughts?

I recently discovered a local meadery near me and have visited it a few times. They are fairly new, but once they become more established (and add a few food options), I'll end up stopping by more frequently. Their location is small, but it is sort of viking-themed, so that's kind of unique.

I noticed you have a few meaderies around Phoenix, has any one visited them? Thoughts?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I had a mead once about 10-12 yrs ago. Bought it at Spoetmans in Phoenix (RIP). It looked cool and cost a lot. I found it sickeningly sweet. I was thinking the other day I should try again. Do they make a dry and/or bitter mead? That would interest me.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I had a mead once about 10-12 yrs ago. Bought it at Spoetmans in Phoenix (RIP). It looked cool and cost a lot. I found it sickeningly sweet. I was thinking the other day I should try again. Do they make a dry and/or bitter mead? That would interest me.

My local meadery has about 12 different brews at a time that range from dry to semi-sweet, so I'm guessing you could find a dry/bitter brew near you.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Because of this board, I went ahead and got myself a bottle of that Highland Park 12 year. I'm not usually one that's super for the peat flavor, but even so I thought it was pretty good. I like the recommendations on here haha.

For me, it's just fun to find new things I have yet to try and see how they stack up to what I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00