GBU The Boosh, the Boosh, and the Boosh - Lyubushkin Trifecta! Sabres Win! 5-3 in Nashville.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
It's Great management by Granato.

Theyre young as hell. Theyre going to hit their rookie walls going through their first regular season grind. It's good to give them a break to catch their wind. The grind is for real!

They are young as hell and are going to hit walls. However they played in the AHL and should understand the grind. Power is the one I worry about hitting a wall and needing a rest. That said though Quinn and Peterka are still young enough that a break won't hurt them. As they showed tonight.

It was a great night from UPL and Okie tonight. Power also.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Tage 9/14 on the faceoffs. There is hope yet for him on the faceoffs!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lyu-penalty-a-game has trended WAYYYY down this year.

View attachment 635528\

Bryson is what he is. Can skate out of the d zone with the puck, and do basically nothing else. Massive liability in the ozone.

I know you love(d?) Bryson. It's not an exaggeration.

Saying these guys are on par with tank tier pairs is very much an exaggeration.

As for Bryson - I've been plenty hard on him. I was hoping he could turn out to be an NHLer and he's a 6/7 who in the right situation can give a team d-zone play. Yes, his offensive game has never materialized and likely won't. It doesn't change that what I had hopes for - an undersized guy giving them contribution turned out. I was an advocate for Fitz too, even with the commentary coming out of college that he wouldn't matter from the ol' Layne Stayley account here. Contribution is contribution.

I've been banging the improve the 3rd pair LD drum now for a couple of months going back to the injury string since that remains the biggest possible improvement on the back end for the most economy in acquisition. That puts Bryson off the team or in the pressbox. So feel free to not try making it about me thinking he is more than what he has shown.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Both under 10 minutes of ice time. We need less brain farts and about 2-4 more minutes of ice time from the bottom pair to take some of the load off our top 4. I don't know if Boosh has a rep, but man that guy is a weak penalty magnet.

I'd say when you have a Dahlin and Power in your top 6, I wouldn't want the bottom pair out there more than 10 minutes a game. I want Power and Dahlin on the ice as much as possible

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I agree...in the playoffs.

You don't want to burn them out in January though.
If you trust Granato to develop them then you have to trust he will also manage their ice time and give them the rest they need when they need it. As a coach he wants to win, but he's also not going to risk burning out his players halfway through the season.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
After giving up 2 softies, UPL was tough as nails in the late part of the third.
Saros really didn’t impress me much In most of this game.
He's been good late it seems. And much better as the season has gone on.

It would be nice if other goalies on our team got the benefit of the doubt like UPL does. He's let in some softies for sure.

He's young, big and he certainly should improve over time plus he has a great name, so lots of things to like.

The name Eric Comrie pales in comparison.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

I keep looking forward to a time when he's not in the lineup because, admittedly, he's losing steam already. But those quotes are something special. Proud that he has the C.

He's been good late it seems. And much better as the season has gone on.

It would be nice if other goalies on our team got the benefit of the doubt like UPL does. He's let in some softies for sure.

He's young, big and he certainly should improve over time plus he has a great name, so lots of things to like.

The name Eric Comrie pales in comparison.

Uh, that's all I need. Comrie is nice but he's not going to get the benefit of my doubt and it sucks for him but UPL has a frame that scouts drool over and some oddly quick lateral movement.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
My nephews were at the game. They got on nashville feed TV because of where they were seated. They sat me to to some area where a correspondent did an interview with someone coming out of a commercial break.

Was it a great big dork trying to pick up college girls? Then that was Hal "No Skill" Gill.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Good:
* Speed, speed, speed. What a difference the kids make to this team's offensive identity.
* UPL. Yes, he gives up softies. But when they need him to step up, he rises to the challenge. He's a gamer.
* Okie's tip. Prettiest goal you'll ever see.
* Power is such a natural. When that 20 pounds of muscle comes in, he'll be a monster for the next 20 years.
* All four lines contributing. Great to see that back again.

Bad:
* Faceoffs in the third. They're playing with fire night after night on that.
* Dumb penalties
* Giving up the quick 2 to tie it

Ugly:
* Nashville trying to thug it up.
* JJ and Quinn missing open chance after open chance (until Quinn fans on his shot and gets the 5th).
Sounds a little bit like Grant Fuhr

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
Boosh was rough in the first half of the game but in the third he had two really solid defensive plays and obviously that beaut shot pass for the winner

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Uh that's all I need. Comrie is nice but he's not going to get the benefit of my doubt and it sucks for him but UPL has a frame that scouts drool over and some oddly quick lateral movement.
Yet if they split games the rest of the way, I'd bet Comrie would have the same or better stats.

I'm glad UPL is getting games though, the experience is priceless for him. And he very well could be our future.

It seems a shame that Comrie wouldn't get his starts too. Anderson, although probably the better of the 3 right now, is not helping anyone at this point.

Unless you still think playoffs are in the cards this year.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Gutsy effort. Those types of wins taste a little bit sweeter.

Also, if anyone questions why Okoposo is captain- show them this game.

Mr Orangeshirt

Dec 12, 2008
Xville,TN
ugly: those white reverse retros

dont-say-that-dont-ever-say-that.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad