Post-Game Talk: The Bird Is The Word

Who is on the Oilers roster by Game 1?

• Total voters

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My guess is, assuming Yamamoto is healthy, our actual opening night roster (not necessarily the same as the day 1 roster submitted to the NHL) will be:

Kane McDavid Puljujarvi
Hyman Drai Yamamoto
Holloway RNH McLeod
Foegele Ryan Shore

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Bouchard
Murray Barrie

Campbell

Assuming too this is under the cap, if not then insert Malone on the 4th line RW instead of Shore (boo).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I use to cry when I watched Land & Sea as well as The LittlestHobo

You had me stumped as I'd never heard of this Land and sea program. Then found out its been on TV since the 60's. But then read its only a regional program. I doubt its ever been broadcast over here in Alberta. Never knew it existed.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Glad preseason is over. Way too long.

I thought the defense sucked in general but got better ad the game went on. I really hope Nurse can clean up his game more this season. Makes way too many mistakes.

I thought second line looked probably the best. That pass by Draisaitl. I always find Drai amusing. He’s going through the motions in this game. But just casually puts up 3 points in like 5 minutes and the game is over.

McDavid going through the motions too. I thought JP had some good moments. Kane was physical. Hopefully goals by both make them feel good going into the season.

Little concerned that RNH and McLeod together isn’t going to get much done.

Thought Campbell was good considering a poor defensive and sloppy game. Thought he could of saved 1 or 2 he let in. But saved a couple he probably shouldn’t have.

Berniers looks like hes going to be a player. Wright was extremely invisible. Woof.
BENears looks like a clownshow in his own end. What a craptacular play getting stripped twice by Hyman doing work on the pk. Its a series of plays that can't happen at NHL level. Looks to be a dangerous player. Not sure how long Hackstall will like that weaksauce. He's got offensive gifts but you gotta be the package at this level. No room for one dimensional players in 2022.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Glad preseason is over. Way too long.

I thought the defense sucked in general but got better ad the game went on. I really hope Nurse can clean up his game more this season. Makes way too many mistakes.

I thought second line looked probably the best. That pass by Draisaitl. I always find Drai amusing. He’s going through the motions in this game. But just casually puts up 3 points in like 5 minutes and the game is over.

McDavid going through the motions too. I thought JP had some good moments. Kane was physical. Hopefully goals by both make them feel good going into the season.

Little concerned that RNH and McLeod together isn’t going to get much done.

Thought Campbell was good considering a poor defensive and sloppy game. Thought he could of saved 1 or 2 he let in. But saved a couple he probably shouldn’t have.

Berniers looks like hes going to be a player. Wright was extremely invisible. Woof.

Screen-Shot-2022-07-08-at-8.15.52-AM.15b3c627.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My guess is, assuming Yamamoto is healthy, our actual opening night roster (not necessarily the same as the day 1 roster submitted to the NHL) will be:

Kane McDavid Puljujarvi
Hyman Drai Yamamoto
Holloway RNH McLeod
Foegele Ryan Shore

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Bouchard
Murray Barrie

Campbell

Assuming too this is under the cap, if not then insert Malone on the 4th line RW instead of Shore (boo).
If anybody at all is liking Ryan Murray please try to describe why we even have him and why he's starting. He's just awful. What does Nemo have to do to make this club out of camp? He's been miles and miles better than Murray.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If anybody at all is liking Ryan Murray please try to describe why we even have him and why he's starting. He's just awful. What does Nemo have to do to make this club out of camp? He's been miles and miles better than Murray.

Nemo just doesn't have the experience I think to win that spot, but he'll get a look sooner or later.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
BENears looks like a clownshow in his own end. What a craptacular play getting stripped twice by Hyman doing work on the pk. Its a series of plays that can't happen at NHL level. Looks to be a dangerous player. Not sure how long Hackstall will like that weaksauce. He's got offensive gifts but you gotta be the package at this level. No room for one dimensional players in 2022.
He was there most dangerous player but Hyman did feed him his lunch on that play haha. Halstol taking that team no where. Terrible coaching hire by Francis.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Don't see it either with Murray. Rather see Nemo or Broberg get the experience. The team is good enough that they can let them work out their kinks on the bottom pairing over playing a guy who just isn't very good anyway.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I was a bit worried about the Kraken cause I’m high on Beniers and Bjorkstrand was a good add. Plus the potential of Shane Wright hitting. But then you guys reminded me Hakstol is their coach, so my worry as subsided.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
You had me stumped as I'd never heard of this Land and sea program. Then found out its been on TV since the 60's. But then read its only a regional program. I doubt its ever been broadcast over here in Alberta. Never knew it existed.
Its on CBC all the time. Its a pretty good show

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Actually it was a great show . Sable Island would’ve a great spot to visit. its on my bucket list. Be good for the people in Prairies that never seen ocean

Reactions: Barrsy

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Kane McDavid Puljujarvi
Hyman Drai Yamamoto
Holloway RNH McLeod
Foegele Ryan Shore

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Bouchard
Murray Barrie

Campbell

Stauffer said that if Janmark gets claimed (likely by Jets) then Oilers can ice a lineup with Shore (no 13th forward).. if he clears waivers then Shore has to be waived and Malone as 12th forward(no 13th forward)

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
He's too unselfish to do that I think, Gretzky actually lectured Connor about it, lol. Wanye would always hunt for goals with an EN.
I agree with you. Brown saying that he believes McDavid is going to be a bit more selfish this year. Fifty goals total and ten EN is the prediction.

Apparently the record is 7. I missed who they said holds that record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad