Post-Game Talk: The Bird Is The Word

Who is on the Oilers roster by Game 1?

• Total voters

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Hack stall seems like a limp dick coach that probably takes orders from his coaching staff...

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
So what did Campbell finish the pre-season with ? He looked fairly solid overall to me. Doesn't look like he will just give up an easy goal a game. For some goals he "could have had" he seems to have made much more "should have gone in saves".
GifMeme 07102022234511.gif

Reactions: Sanchez

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Glad preseason is over. Way too long.

I thought the defense sucked in general but got better ad the game went on. I really hope Nurse can clean up his game more this season. Makes way too many mistakes.

I thought second line looked probably the best. That pass by Draisaitl. I always find Drai amusing. He’s going through the motions in this game. But just casually puts up 3 points in like 5 minutes and the game is over.

McDavid going through the motions too. I thought JP had some good moments. Kane was physical. Hopefully goals by both make them feel good going into the season.

Little concerned that RNH and McLeod together isn’t going to get much done.

Thought Campbell was good considering a poor defensive and sloppy game. Thought he could of saved 1 or 2 he let in. But saved a couple he probably shouldn’t have.

Berniers looks like hes going to be a player. Wright was extremely invisible. Woof.

Wright was playing?

Just kidding.

I think…

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Except the first three ;)

We could use a boy named Soucy
For me rather than selling the farm for Chychrun Soucy is a guy I'd have a lot of time for. I think he has the type of game this team needs more and he would cost a whole lot less. Once Seattle is out of it I'd be pressing hard for a deal to get him. As a pending UFA he should not cost all that much even with retention.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Last nights game giving me good vibes. Going to be a great year.

The poll....No Yamo? Pulju had a nice game. Definitely showed his strengths. Tough choices to be made. Holland’s abicus blowing up.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well Holloway locked down the 2nd line winger spot tonight, with Yammo on the top line, Bison king will start on the 3rd line with Foegle and RNH

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
For me rather than selling the farm for Chychrun Soucy is a guy I'd have a lot of time for. I think he has the type of game this team needs more and he would cost a whole lot less. Once Seattle is out of it I'd be pressing hard for a deal to get him. As a pending UFA he should not cost all that much even with retention.
At this point I doubt the team makes any moves. Just see what we have and see again at the deadline, unless the wheels fall off.

Also I know you said a Soucy type, and not necessarily Soucy himself, but I doubt the Kraken are sellers yet.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn't get to see the game.

How was Beniers? Kid seems to be a talent.
Most memorable sequence to me was giving the puck away around his goal, while on the PP, twice to Hyman. Looks like the kid is high event both ways. I have too much of a dislike for the Kraken to really want a smooth path for the kid. I'd be fine with it being rocky.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
At this point I doubt the team makes any moves. Just see what we have and see again at the deadline, unless the wheels fall off.

Also I know you said a Soucy type, and not necessarily Soucy himself, but I doubt the Kraken are sellers yet.
I agree. I would guess they are comfortable with kulak in the 2LD role. And probably two of Murray, broberg, samorukov and niemelainen to take up the 3LD and 7th defensemen.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Note that I said...Once the Kraken are out of it...I would be shocked if the Kraken were looking like a playoff team near the deadline so I assume they would be sellers.

I'd be looking at Soucy specifically as a potential long term add. He's a UFA this year but is also an Alberta boy who may well be willing to sign a deal. His lack of any offensive track record will limit what he would be able to get as a UFA. Siegenthaler signed for $3.4M for 5 years after establishing himself as one of the best defensive defensemen in the League.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad