Speculation: The biggest name to be traded this off season

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I hope you're right on this. 11 mil for Matthews would be hilarious

eichel got 10.5. matthews had 40g as a rookie and was ppg as a sophmore. eichel hasnt topped 25g or hit ppg yet in 3 seasons

should be funny though wehen the jets have to pony up eichel money for laine

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Exact players, I don't know, but I feel as far as teams go..

Mini Firesale - Minnesota - I think they are going to clear the clutter and retool
Mini Firesale Sabres - Same as Minni but more of a rejig to make the team more competitive with Dahlin coming in.

Vegas will probably do something as they have too many prospects that need NHL time and most likely losing Perron to UFA and maybe trading Carlsson for a need, plus they have 3 goalies...one of them is going to go.

Montreal is going to do many things out of desperation

Ottawa will either trade Karlsson OR trade to upgrade the team so Karlsson won't leave

Calgary will retool on the fly

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Dubas can prove his balls and trade Gardiner. He's had three playoff series where he's struggled and has an year left. He's clearly not a guy they can win with and he isn't getting any better so why waste a roster spot on him.

And he's still a big name, big point dman that's gonna be good for you in about 60-70% of games during the regular season (you just can't afford a guy with that bad ratio during the playoffs with slimmer margins and less time for the good and bad to even out).
Gardiner was one of our best players in the two first series, and had a fine series against Boston as well until that dreadful last game. I mean, even most of his detractors give him credit for stepping up when it matters.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Krejci won't be traded, unfortunately, because he has a NMC for one more season, and he is sure isn't about to waive it. If there is a big name on Boston who might be dealt, then I would say that it's Torey Krug.

Tuukka Rask should be the big ticket out and then next year Krejci. If not wait next year and trade both for a bigger package deal.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Exact players, I don't know, but I feel as far as teams go..

Mini Firesale - Minnesota - I think they are going to clear the clutter and retool
Mini Firesale Sabres - Same as Minni but more of a rejig to make the team more competitive with Dahlin coming in.

Vegas will probably do something as they have too many prospects that need NHL time and most likely losing Perron to UFA and maybe trading Carlsson for a need, plus they have 3 goalies...one of them is going to go.

Montreal is going to do many things out of desperation

Ottawa will either trade Karlsson OR trade to upgrade the team so Karlsson won't leave

Calgary will retool on the fly

Vegas can afford to leave most of their prospects in junior and the AHL for another year so there's no sense in rushing anyone (outside of maybe Brannstrom who could be NHL-ready after a busy season in Sweden). Most of their ELCs will slide so it's actually advantageous to keep a 4 year window before kids like Glass need to be re-signed. Perron might not get many 5 year offers after another concussion and a lacklustre playoffs so odds of him re-signing are looking better than they did during the regular season.

If you mean William Karlsson there's no bigger need than keeping him signed long term.

Dansk may get claimed off waivers but he's not considered a 3rd goalie.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
eichel got 10.5. matthews had 40g as a rookie and was ppg as a sophmore. eichel hasnt topped 25g or hit ppg yet in 3 seasons

I'm not a Jets fan, so I don't really care about Laine.

No, the part that's funny is that you think he deserves 1.5 mil less than a 21 yr old who is a 2X Art Ross trophy winner. Matthews, well he has finished 20th in scoring, good for 11 mil per I suppose :laugh:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

he's an oilers fan and they already paid their elite guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad