The Biggest Disappointments... Teams "DEAD TO ME"

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Was it that one ?:

Nope. It was a big metal one with the silver arm that would go down. They had a bunch of them, dinged up and stored on the floor. It was a more generic-looking one from the 80s and 90s... nothing that retro and remarkable.

Reactions: MadLuke

CrosbyIsKing87

May 3, 2017
The team that has always been dead to me is the NY Rangers. My dislike of them goes way back to the mid 80s. They always seemed to be trying to buy their way to a Cup and their fans acted so entitled. This is the same way a lot of the Canadian fans feel about Toronto. As far as my opinion changing about a team I used to kind of like Boston because of Ray Bourque but after living in New England for a long time their fans, Milan Lucic, and Brad Machand ruined that for me.

My second favorite team starting in about 1991 was Quebec. I loved the team and they way they played and was lucky enough to live in Colorado from 1995 to 2003 so I got to see them a lot. Its really too bad that the fans in Quebec didn't get to see them win a Cup there. So Marcel Aubut is dead to me for moving them.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I've told this story countless times but growing up in Alberta I was an Oiler fan first, it was easy to like them. They had Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and so many other amazing players.

Then it happened, after thrashing the Devils 13-4. Wayne Gretzky made the one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made. He called the Devils a "Mickey Mouse Organization". This of course was accurate, but you just don't say this kind of thing.

Well little kid me did not like this at all, I told my parents I was switching to the Devils and I've never looked back.

I've been a diehard Devils fan ever since, I've got the ink and actually named my middle daughter Jersey.

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
I've told this story countless times but growing up in Alberta I was an Oiler fan first, it was easy to like them. They had Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and so many other amazing players.

Then it happened, after thrashing the Devils 13-4. Wayne Gretzky made the one of the biggest mistakes he's ever made. He called the Devils a "Mickey Mouse Organization". This of course was accurate, but you just don't say this kind of thing.

Well little kid me did not like this at all, I told my parents I was switching to the Devils and I've never looked back.

I've been a diehard Devils fan ever since, I've got the ink and actually named my middle daughter Jersey.

Ricky? Is that you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad