Post-Game Talk: The Bigger They Are, The Harder We Suck. Devils lose 3-2 to Sens

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ugh, played well, had plenty of chances but no result, blah blah blah. It's getting old.

If Moose played everyone would be calling for his head.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
That's why I like Zajac and Elias to go later. They're smart players. They see what works and what doesn't work.

They don't just barrel in like Pejorative Slurs and just hope that it goes in, they study the goaltender and choose their shots accordingly.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now do people believe me when I say this team struggles against huge goalies with huge equipment? Trade one of the d men for a practice squad goalie the size of Bishop, and keep blasting away. This game, and the shootout I think firmly proves that point. Just look at the shootout attempts and Jeremy Brodeur's tweet.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
Why we don't make moves in the shootout anymore, I will never know. I know we have other problems to focus on at practice, but... :laugh: A good team at home pounced on a vulnerable team. Went down twice. Got a point. A lot of people thought this would be a blowout. They're not making this easy, but they're staying in it. What's frustrating is how crazily we outshot the Sens. I mean, damn.

Knew Zajac was going to turn back into his real self eventually. I know he will keep it up.

Gain some confidence and keep it moving along, Devils.

Side note: not sure I'm digging Clarkson with Elias anymore.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Now do people believe me when I say this team struggles against huge goalies with huge equipment? Trade one of the d men for a practice squad goalie the size of Bishop, and keep blasting away. This game, and the shootout I think firmly proves that point. Just look at the shootout attempts and Jeremy Brodeur's tweet.

Hockey smarts/sense is lacking.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
That's why I like Zajac and Elias to go later. They're smart players. They see what works and what doesn't work.

They don't just barrel in like Pejorative Slurs and just hope that it goes in, they study the goaltender and choose their shots accordingly.

Not tonight they didn't POOR SHOTS

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
First 10-15 minutes of the game for us looked like it was coached by this guy.

GuyBoucher.jpg

''Come on boys 1-3-1, 1-3-1! That or just let yourself get pinned in the zone as long as you can! Hell give up 3 breakaways while you're at it on the PP! Dammit my face hurt when I had to pull that huge band aid off!''

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hockey smarts/sense is lacking.

In reality Ben Bishop is a goaltender who gives up 2.62 goals per game. He isn't a world beater, in fact in the 4 starts he's made this month he's averaged 3.25 GAA. We don't know how to beat these guys with the huge equipment.

Our goalies do not wear huge equipment. That's all they have to shoot on in practice. I think this is a legit problem.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
First 10-15 minutes of the game for us looked like it was coached by this guy.

GuyBoucher.jpg

''Come on boys 1-3-1, 1-3-1! That or just let yourself get pinned in the zone as long as you can! Hell give up 3 breakaways while you're at it on the PP! Dammit my face hurt when I had to pull that huge band aid off!''

Your Drunk:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad