The best player's nickname in the League

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Bruce = Mikael Granlund.

Players call Parise, “Brinks,” as in “Brinks” $$$ trucks. Mike Rupp brought it to the Wild from New Jersey, where Parise and Rupp were teammates.

“One day we’re sitting at breakfast and I was walking away and Granny called me, ‘Springs,’” Parise said, laughing. “I’m like, ‘What did you call me?’ He goes, ‘Springs.’ I go, ‘What is that?’ He goes, ‘Isn’t that what everyone calls you?’ I go, ‘No, no, they call me Brinks.’ He goes, ‘Oh, I thought it was Springs, like Bruce Springsteen’ [because I played in New Jersey],” Parise said, hysterically laughing.

“That’s how nicknames get started. We started calling him Bruce. He does not look like a Bruce at all, so that’s what makes it better.”

http://www.startribune.com/yeo-matt...returns-to-lineup-after-suspension/258504821/

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:flyers

Context included when needed

Gostisbehere - Ghost

Simmonds - Wayne Train

Voracek - Jake the Snake (slithers his way through defenders)

Giroux - G-sus (our savior, started in 2012)

Provorov - Provocop (because of his robotic precision)

MacDonald - Farmer (play on Old MacDonald because he farms goals for the opposition :laugh:)

Last edited:

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Rick Nash is The Slim Reaper

Though I think Dom "The Professor" Moore is pretty good too.

Since when ..?

Don't think I've ever heard him called that on the Jackets and he's not really slim or at all very deadly recently.

There's a reason people call Kevin Durant the slim reaper.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Since when ..?

Don't think I've ever heard him called that on the Jackets and he's not really slim or at all very deadly recently.

There's a reason people call Kevin Durant the slim reaper.

I didn't believe it at first. But it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad