The best goalies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
wassup77 said:
You whould rather have Menzin than Brodeur/Luongo?
We're not talking about drafting for a franchise.

We're talking about the HOT goalie after day one.

Many average goalies have super hot streaks. And there's no 'n'. It's Mezin, which was clearly visible on the back of his jersey as he flopped to make great save after great save.

It'll probably take two more games to get an impression of which goaltender is performing the best in the tourney.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
VanIslander said:
The best goalie in the first four games: the Belarussian, Mezin

To those of us who've seen all four games: that's a fact.

But, of course, the tourney continues...
He is really a good goalie....i saw him in several games, playing for our "Preussen Berlin"....

Greetings from Berlin

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Lundqvist IS better than both Turco and Vokoun. Where the hell did you get that from?
Well, I didn't actually put them in order. I guess when I put Brodeur first it looks like I have.

Last season Turco won 37 games, and Vokoun won 34. I can't find Lundqvists totals from his last NHL season. What are they?

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
HF2002 said:
Well, I didn't actually put them in order. I guess when I put Brodeur first it looks like I have.

Last season Turco won 37 games, and Vokoun won 34. I can't find Lundqvists totals from his last NHL season. What are they?

Last season Turco played 6 games for Djurgården...

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
wassup77 said:
Lundqvist IS better than both Turco and Vokoun. Where the hell did you get that from?
How can you affirm that? Lundqvist had played a grand smashing total of 0 game in the NHL. Turco and Vokoun are #1 goalies and Lundqvist is nothing more than an excellent prospect so far.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
fredez said:
How can you affirm that? Lundqvist had played a grand smashing total of 0 game in the NHL. Turco and Vokoun are #1 goalies and Lundqvist is nothing more than an excellent prospect so far.

Yeah I know, I'm just so excited!!!

Turco and Vokoun are great goalies. But I think Mr Lundqvist will be better in the near future.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
As a Ranger fan I'm certainly excited about Lundqvist.

1. Brodeur
2. Luongo
3. Turco
4. Vokoun
5. Lundqvist

Lundqvist even being on that list says something considering he hasn't played a game in the NHL (regardless of his ridiculous stats in the Swedish league).

Noteworthy: Rick Dipeitro but he just can't seem to settle down. Mezin of Belarus (missed his game) he's been an absolute wall for a long time in Belarus...he does everything he can. Ty Conklin, although he's got less skill than Rick, he's more consistent and reliable (all puckhandlling debacles aside).

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
wassup77 said:
Did you really think Gerber played well yesterday? Man he's like the Tommy Salo of Switzerland :dunno:
People in Canada have only seen the Latvia game. Many of them - and others who look through rose-colored glasses - make their assessments on past play, reputations, hype, etc rather than based on observations during the tourney.

Those of us who have seen every second of the tourney so far, live and on demand, couldn't possibily put a Canadian or Swiss goalie as among the tourney's best - not without faith in a turnaround.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
wassup77 said:
Did you really think Gerber played well yesterday? Man he's like the Tommy Salo of Switzerland :dunno:

Gerber: 38 saves 41 shoots vs a all stars team.

Yes Tinu was really good yesterday, and he's always play great hockey with the swiss country. Do you have a television set in your flat? i don't no! :teach:

RedLightDistrict

Jan 21, 2005
You guys seem to be forgetting the lil' latvian, Archie Irbe :yo: ! If Latvia manages to qualify for anything, it's gonna be all because of Irbe! :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad