The best goalies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Dan Galvin said:
Irbe didn't start their first game did he?

they said that he needed to rest the first game and that he will be the starter in the future of this tournament.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
wassup77 said:
they said that he needed to rest the first game and that he will be the starter in the future of this tournament.
Why was he so tired? When did he last play a game?

If he's the starter he should be able to play one game against their toughest opponent. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't believe he's so out of shape that he needs a rest before the first game even gets played.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
HF2002 said:
Why was he so tired? When did he last play a game?

If he's the starter he should be able to play one game against their toughest opponent. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't believe he's so out of shape that he needs a rest before the first game even gets played.

They want him to get some practice first. I don't quite know what it was all about. Maybe he hasn't played during the lockout?
They said that he'll be the starter however.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Levitate said:
no way vokoun is better than luongo...dunno if you rate it that way because it's a tourney and luongo might not see as much icetime, but he's definatly a better goalie than Vokoun IMO

I think FlyLine's post looks pretty good...bout how i'd put it.

I've just never been terribly impressed by Vokoun...he's good definatly, but i don't think he's on that "other level" and I think Lundqvist has, for one, been playing at that "other level" lately at least, and has a good chance to stay at that "other level". I've liked how he looks compared to Vokoun
Bingo. Vokoun isn't as good as Luongo, but I wouldn't go as far as most people would to say that Luongo's entirely a couple of notches ahead..

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
HF2002 said:
He's not even the starter.

Of course he is. :teach:
Latvia for some reason always starts their backup or even their third goalie in the games against the top teams in the Preliminary and Qualification round. In games where they think they can't win. Seems like they are concentrating on the ones against their direct opponents (and looking at their results it works for them).
Last year in Prague their third goalie played the opening game against the Czech and their backup the one against Canada in the Qualification round. Irbe played the other 5 games, including the Quarter-Final against Sweden.

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
Well, the Sokolov-joke was in my mind also but ok, let´s try to be serious for a second; lundqvist looks pretty good at the moment.

But back to Sokolov... does he have friends (or relatives) in high places or WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS GUY???!!!!

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
I rank the goalies whose still in tournament by that what are their shape at the moment and how skillfull they are:

1. Tomas Vokoun
2. Henrik Lundqvist
3. Maksim Sokolov
4. Roberto Luongo
5. Milan Hnilicka
6. Martin Brodeur
7. Johan Holmqvist
8. Sergei Zvyagin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events