UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Wasn't Billy Joel at the groundbreaking or the announcement of the arena? I'm thinking it's him without question. We can probably eliminate JayZ, right?

Reactions: PK Cronin

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I think that’s the point - he’s pretty irrelevant outside of the NY-area. And they’ve gone to that well like 100x already.
I've seen him 4 or 5 times in sold out stadiums/arenas here in NC. To call him irrelevant outside of NY is just not true.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I'm expecting the Charlotte concert to get postponed another year...:(
It's definitely not happening in April, just waiting on Ticketbastard to open another refund window since we have a wedding in the keys on 4/17 anyway.

Bought these tickets in freaking October of 2019...ludicrous that I have to wait for these stupid 30 day refund request windows or hold the tickets forever.

Edit: Nice to see another Bellmore transplant in the Carolinas.

Reactions: islesmb

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I've seen him 4 or 5 times in sold out stadiums/arenas here in NC. To call him irrelevant outside of NY is just not true.
And who are those people attending in NC? Years of transplants...so, same crowd, different location.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
And who are those people attending in NC? Years of transplants...so, same crowd, different location.
So let me get this straight...he literally sells out every stadium and arena in every market he plays (Arlington, Denver, London, St Louis, Indianapolis, SLC, KC, Chicago, Hamburg, Frankfurt...you get the point) and it is ALL NY transplants buying the tickets?

Man...we are truly everywhere.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
So let me get this straight...he literally sells out every stadium and arena in every market he plays (Arlington, Denver, London, St Louis, Indianapolis, SLC, KC, Chicago, Hamburg, Frankfurt...you get the point) and it is ALL NY transplants buying the tickets?

Like dogshit.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I don't think selling out is the same thing as creating buzz though. There are plenty of older acts who can sell out arenas and I don't think that's creating buzz. In fact, I think it's the opposite, it's same old fans seeing the same old act again. A bunch of 60 year old people going to a concert isn't "buzz" to me.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I don't think selling out is the same thing as creating buzz though. There are plenty of older acts who can sell out arenas and I don't think that's creating buzz. In fact, I think it's the opposite, it's same old fans seeing the same old act again. A bunch of 60 year old people going to a concert isn't "buzz" to me.
Regardless, claiming Billy Joel is irrelevant outside of NY was his point...which is simply not true.

Anywho...it's all moot now anyway with the announcement of The Weeknd being the artist.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Regardless, claiming Billy Joel is irrelevant outside of NY was his point...which is simply not true.

Anywho...it's all moot now anyway with the announcement of The Weeknd being the artist.

The Weeknd featuring Billy Joel?!

Reactions: IslesCLT

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Maybe not ,and I'm not a Billy Joel fan however us boomers don't care about creating Buzz we are just loving life! We had the best Rock n Roll by far the music of the 60's and 70's blows everything else away and we have the money to go see them over and over and over.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Let Springsteen open the place. Not only is he, well......Springsteen, his new album is very very good.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Maybe not ,and I'm not a Billy Joel fan however us boomers don't care about creating Buzz we are just loving life! We had the best Rock n Roll by far the music of the 60's and 70's blows everything else away and we have the money to go see them over and over and over.

Eh, there's still so much good music. It just doesn't come through the popular mediums as much anymore. Plus, as you get older, the popular mediums won't appeal to you anymore and that's the point.

As much as I love the 60s and 70s music, I still say the 90s takes the cake just for the sheer explosion of so many types of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad