The Belmont Arena: If Your Construction Lasts More Than 2 Years, Call a Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I’m fighting the first person that says “I don’t understand why they couldn’t just stay at the Coliseum”

Anyone who says that should be killed.

<<< bring it on boys.. but it would take more than the two of you lol. Way happier to go to Belmont than Brooklyn, so I will enjoy my Isles when it opens, but no arena/stadium will ever hold the place in my heart that the coliseum does. I will always wish they either did a real refurbish or built a new one on the same site. None of the warts have ever bothered me, I rarely buy food or beer inside a stadium, I pee before the game , and I dont care about luxury boxes.

By far the worst day of my sports fandom was not due to any playoff losses by my teams or traded players, but rather after we lost to the Caps game 7 in DC and I knew (at the time)there would not be another game at the coli. The last game in the coli next season will be a bit of deja vu for me but not as bad since at least I expect Belmont to be a really good place to watch a game, unlike Brooklyn.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lighthouse

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
<<< bring it on boys.. but it would take more than the two of you lol. Way happier to go to Belmont than Brooklyn, so I will enjoy my Isles when it opens, but no arena/stadium will ever hold the place in my heart that the coliseum does. I will always wish they either did a real refurbish or built a new one on the same site. None of the warts have ever bothered me, I rarely buy food or beer inside a stadium, I pee before the game , and I dont care about luxury boxes.

By far the worst day of my sports fandom was not due to any playoff losses by my teams or traded players, but rather after we lost to the Caps game 7 in DC and I knew (at the time)there would not be another game at the coli. The last game in the coli next season will be a bit of deja vu for me but not as bad since at least I expect Belmont to be a really good place to watch a game, unlike Brooklyn.
You understand why they can’t be at the coliseum though. I’m talking about ‘Sal D’angelo’, the 300 pound pizza guy who sits behind me in his Ross Johnston jersey who can’t understand the financial and political issues at NVMC. You can also catch him complaining about composite sticks.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Those f***s suckered money out of my family for the "last game" at the Coliseum and now there will be another one. I will not be attending unless the tickets are reasonably priced.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
You understand why they can’t be at the coliseum though. I’m talking about ‘Sal D’angelo’, the 300 pound pizza guy who sits behind me in his Ross Johnston jersey who can’t understand the financial and political issues at NVMC. You can also catch him complaining about composite sticks.

very true, and I do agree with you. tater you are one of my fav posters. I just couldn't resist. I like to wax poetic about the coli.Once they went to Brooklyn there was no looking back, this is the best option we had, I am not complaining. I will have season tickets at Belmont unless the Isle reps keep screwing me, but that is another story

Also I am 52 years old, and a cancer survivor so although I am still a big guy (now big in the wrong places) my bar room brawling days are long over and you could knock me over with a feather. All bluster now.

Last edited:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
very true, and I do agree with you. tater you are one of my fav posters. I just couldn't resist. I like to wax poetic about the coli.Once they went to Brooklyn there was no looking back, this is the best option we had, I am not complaining. I will have season tickets at Belmont unless the Isle reps keep screwing me, but that is another story

Also I am 52 years old, and a cancer survivor so although I am still a big guy (now big in the wrong places) my bar room brawling days are long over and you could knock me over with a feather. All bluster now.

Same way. Love the building, wish they could be there forever, even though I understand why they cannot.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

I do miss me Titan though... red turbo...2020.....

Reactions: Lame Lambert

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

How is the rep screwing you?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Also can be heard yelling "SHOOT IT" every 5 seconds.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I talked to a contractor working for Barclays Restorations last night in a bank, who felt Isles playing at Barclays in Brooklyn was weird.

Meanwhile,

Lol this is my buddy’s twitter account. Started off in our group chat with him basically doing what he does on that account every day :laugh:. We still get the daily pictures in our chat

Reactions: Poster Unknown

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
1. Ticket Prices ("They are gouging the the true fans!")
2. Sightlines ("The coliseum was WAY better.")
3. Parking fees ("I can't believe what they are charging!!")
4. Commute/Parking ("It took me XX minutes longer than it ever did to the Coliseum/Barclays!")
5. Attendance ("We finally get our own arena and the pathetic fanbase can't fill it!")
6. The Retail Village ("The shops suck/nothing that I like/who will buy this/its too expensive/tourists aren't coming here.")
7. Bathrooms ("I had to wait line XX minutes last night! Same **** like the coliseum/Barclays!")
8. Concessions prices ("$14 for a beer?!?! Are they high!?")

I'm sure there will be more... the color scheme, architecture, premium seating, acoustics, layout, atmosphere... We will dissect and over-analyze everything. And argue like hell about it.

:)

I actually heard a complaint about Barclays "you cant just get regular food at barclays" you walk by multiple pizza stands on every floor of the barclays. Among all of the complaints of Barclays this I didn't understand. Pizza is regular damn food for a New Yorker. Pretty sure alot of general stands had hot dogs/burgers or variations. Either way people will complain that the beer tastes funny compared to the Coli even though it comes from a can. The best complaints will be "there are too many things to do in the new arena, i want to just watch the game". I understand if complain about this because of higher ticket prices, but in 2021 people who don't care about hockey or the isles will still go to games at Belmont. People don't understand arenas now try to reach a larger base of people so the team/arena makes more $.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
I actually heard a complaint about Barclays "you cant just get regular food at barclays" you walk by multiple pizza stands on every floor of the barclays. Among all of the complaints of Barclays this I didn't understand. Pizza is regular damn food for a New Yorker. Pretty sure alot of general stands had hot dogs/burgers or variations. Either way people will complain that the beer tastes funny compared to the Coli even though it comes from a can. The best complaints will be "there are too many things to do in the new arena, i want to just watch the game". I understand if complain about this because of higher ticket prices, but in 2021 people who don't care about hockey or the isles will still go to games at Belmont. People don't understand arenas now try to reach a larger base of people so the team/arena makes more $.
While this is largely on point, ironically, the main pizza concession on the concourse level had been closed for all of this season's Islander games prior to the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad