TV: The Bear

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
Didn’t see a thread for this. Anyone watch The Bear yet? New show released on Hulu a week ago.

Just finished watching it this morning and I thought it was great. I think Jermey Allen White and Ebon-moss Bachrach were superb in their roles. Not sure if I want a season 2 or not. Not sure where else they would go with it. I’m happy with shows that have one season to tell a story.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I thought it was fantastic. My wife and I binged it in 2 days. The final episode wasn't my favorite, but overall it was excellent. I have to go back and rewatch ep7. I think the whole episode was one shot and was just brilliant.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
I thought it was fantastic. My wife and I binged it in 2 days. The final episode wasn't my favorite, but overall it was excellent. I have to go back and rewatch ep7. I think the whole episode was one shot and was just brilliant.
Yes! Episode 7 is definitely the highlight of the season. I gotta rewatch it myself. That episode is what made me look for a thread and ultimately make one.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Just got around to finishing it. I thought it was an exceptional show. One of my favourite seasons of TV to come out so far this year. Think they set up season 2 well.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Among the best things I've seen all year and that's likely to still be the case by the end of they year. Fantastic work across the board, particularly in episode 7 which is among the most stressful watching experiences I've ever had with a movie or TV show. That's really saying something considering this isn't the sort of show with life and death stakes.

The other fantastic thing about episode 7 in particular is that its prolonged single take actually adds to the story and isn't merely a showy camera move. Its an artistic choice that was made because it contributes not simply because it could be done (which I often feel most single take scenes are).

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Excellent show. Glad it got renewed. My brother is a Sous Chef and I asked him if it gets that crazy and he said he can confirm there is a lot of swearing.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Didn’t see a thread for this. Anyone watch The Bear yet? New show released on Hulu a week ago.

Just finished watching it this morning and I thought it was great. I think Jermey Allen White and Ebon-moss Bachrach were superb in their roles. Not sure if I want a season 2 or not. Not sure where else they would go with it. I’m happy with shows that have one season to tell a story.

Its on my "to watch" list just because I liked Lip in Shameless.

Someone also recommended this show to me today.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
So happy this show is back.

One of the best shows on tv just gets better, and still remains itself.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, season 1 was absolutely great. Looking forward to season 2

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I just wish they extended it to 1 hr episodes. The 1/2 hrs seem so short when there is less kitchen frenzy.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Caught the first few episodes, Season 2 is great so far!
It feels more like an ensemble show this time around, rather than focusing on Carmy. Season 1 seems more like a prelude to the main story from Season 2 onwards.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Season two was great. Loved the Richie focused episode.
I watched it as well and thought this season was not as good as the first, but good (not great) nonetheless. I loved the Richie and Copenhagen episodes, but the Christmas episode was more grating than Uncut Gems. And Jamie Lee Curtis was over- the-top in not a good way. Still I look forward to a season 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad