Post-Game Talk: The Battle to Banish the Habbos to the Shadow Realm: Habs @ Caps 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
We're not haters.

Could someone please explain the Ovechkin zone entry strategy to me?
- stand with his back to the board on the offensive blue line;
- 19/77 skate with the puck;
- pass to AO;
- turnover.

Sadly, that line works better when the puck isn't in AO's hands which is why they looked decent tonight. He'll start moving his legs consistently eventually and the goals will come. He's just standing around too much right now and it has nothing to do with the defense covering him tightly.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
We're not haters.

Could someone please explain the Ovechkin zone entry strategy to me?
- stand with his back to the board on the offensive blue line;
- 19/77 skate with the puck;
- pass to AO;
- turnover.

Never once it worked. No wonder our $10M player isn't even PPG.

Contract year Chimera ist krieg.

No Offense Tom has 3 assists the last 3 games.

Why doesn't Laich just retire?

I lol'ed

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not sure why so many are worried about Ovie. I think his overall game has looked fine, and he has had periods where he dipped below PPG average before. Besides Ovie can finish with 30/30 for all I care, if keep averaging a goal a game more then the opponent, were going a long way.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
Sadly, that line works better when the puck isn't in AO's hands which is why they looked decent tonight. He'll start moving his legs consistently eventually and the goals will come. He's just standing around too much right now and it has nothing to do with the defense covering him tightly.

he has a point, ao doesnt touch the puck because he is waiting/resting at the blue line, of course the line works better without the guy who stands flat footed on the ice. but he does this his hole career. he may cycle once or twice at most, if the puck is not carried in by that time u see him at blue line. its like his default decision after a broken play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad