Rumor: The battle for Tarasenko is heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
And? Teams don't acquire players because they're friends. We traded Buchnevich to St. Louis for a shit return because we didn't want to pay him and we wanted to give younger guys more ice time. Trading for Tarasenko, even at 50%, makes zero sense.
Rangers need another player to include in the Eichel trade..

It doesn't make sense. I do like Tarasenko ,and if healthy, him and Panarin would be exciting to watch, but yeah, doesn't make sense. Islanders make the most sense for Tarasenko to want to play on, given NYR's wing position, but NJD make the most sense to offer up something better because they need him more than the other 2 teams.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Vlad (50% retention for):
Uncle Leo
Thomas Hickey
A 2nd round pick in 2022
Random prospect not named (Wilde, Salo, Raty, Bolduc)

Yeah, as an Islanders fan I can’t see this happening as much as I’d like for that to be the offer. Vlad is good but not what the Islanders want on the cap for this year at full contract.
if the only way this works out is for the return to be arizona flavored, i really hope armstrong elects to keep tarasenko

Reactions: MissouriMook

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
And? Teams don't acquire players because they're friends. We traded Buchnevich to St. Louis for a shit return because we didn't want to pay him and we wanted to give younger guys more ice time. Trading for Tarasenko, even at 50%, makes zero sense.

It doesn't make sense. But, its Chris Drury, who is competing for worst GM of the year award. Nothing will surprise me at this point.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
if the only way this works out is for the return to be arizona flavored, i really hope armstrong elects to keep tarasenko
It won’t work from an Islanders point of view honestly. Too many veterans to bring back even before he makes that trade. Vlad at full cap hit is too costly for the current roster.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
armstrong wouldn't do this, sakic might tho
Sakic is quite risk averse and patient, so I don't think he'd want to take on Tarasenko due to the injury history. The amount of retention needed to even make him consider it would make it unfeasible for STL.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Sakic is quite risk averse and patient, so I don't think he'd want to take on Tarasenko due to the injury history. The amount of retention needed to even make him consider it would make it unfeasible for STL.
the most recent trade doesn't back that up, but i'd agree, in general, sakic is more reserved as a gm. too patient with grubauer perhaps, but still probably works out for them. i assumed you thought sakic would be interested based on your post, but agree with your initial sentiment that st. louis isn't interested in dealing tarasenko to an immediate rival. i know tarasenko isn't that valuable, but compher is of no interest as a return, even with that considered

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Tarasenko no retention for NJ 2023 3rd, CBJ 2022 5th, Jesper Boqvist. Anything more and I’d pass as a devils fan

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
the most recent trade doesn't back that up, but i'd agree, in general, sakic is more reserved as a gm. too patient with grubauer perhaps, but still probably works out for them. i assumed you thought sakic would be interested based on your post, but agree with your initial sentiment that st. louis isn't interested in dealing tarasenko to an immediate rival. i know tarasenko isn't that valuable, but compher is of no interest as a return, even with that considered
The Kuemper trade is an anomaly in Sakic's time as GM since Roy left.

Bernie Federko

Jun 29, 2018
I had a crazy dream that I talked to Tarasenko and he asked me if he should accept a trade to Detroit. I told him he was a Blue until he wasn't. Kind of reminded me of that scene in the Sandlot where Bennie saw the Babe.

Reactions: HighNote

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Why would the Rangers want him? Doesn't make any sense.
I think they traded Buch because they didnt want his contract when the young wingers need new contracts in a year or two. Tarasenko could make sense as a top line winger for two seasons without hurting the cap situation long-term.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think they traded Buch because they didnt want his contract when the young wingers need new contracts in a year or two. Tarasenko could make sense as a top line winger for two seasons without hurting the cap situation long-term.

No. Tarasenko has 2 years left. We have to pay Fox and Mika next season.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Tarasenko is a worse player and his older, more expensive and let's not forget his shoulder(s) have been through some surgeries.

We can't afford to gamble on him.

But who knows. Drury is an absolute f***ing idiot. He could've easily re-signed Buch and moves him at the TDL or the next off-season for a better return.

We had no rush cap-wise for this season, for the upcoming season, yes. So Tarasenko who isn't a rental, ain't worth it. We'd have to move him anyway.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
i heard he's been texting around asking for it again tho
We're sorry you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel this is in error, please check the number dialed, and please try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad