Proposal: The Band Of Brothers Blockbuster: CAL + OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Flames < Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, Matt Duchene

Senators < Noah Hanifin, Matthew Tkachuk, Sam Bennett, Troy Brouwer, Michael Frolik

Calgary drastically improves the talent on the roster in the hopes of contending this season. With Brouwer and Frolik off the books they clear enough cap space to re-sign Karlsson

Ottawa gets an infusion of talented youth as they look to build for the future

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If we could get some kind of indication Karlsson would resign, I'd be into this. Giving up Tkachuk is really tough, but Mark Stone is a beast. He would be amazing on our RW.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Senators get massacred here. They get left with JG Pageau as their top center and end up with a stupid amount of wing depth. Also, reuniting the Tkachuks serves no real purpose considering they play the same position.

Reactions: 780il

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
giphy-downsized.gif

So terrible for the Sens

/thread

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I thought the opposite. Not to take anything away from Karlsson, it is just that there is no extension in place. In my opinion, it is a big risk for the Flames.
Even if karlsson doesn't re-sign with them, they are still left with two high end assets. of the flames 5 assets they give up, three aren't that enticing and the sens give up 3 high value assets. The sens are giving to their three most valuable assets in the deal and the best assets in terms of value they get back in Brady thacuk/ Noah hanafin.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Even if karlsson doesn't re-sign with them, they are still left with two high end assets. of the flames 5 assets they give up, three aren't that enticing and the sens give up 3 high value assets. The sens are giving to their three most valuable assets in the deal and the best assets in terms of value they get back in Brady thacuk/ Noah hanafin.
Quite right, I thought Mark Stone was someone else- a defenseman. I stand corrected sir!

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Wtf this is awful for the Sens. Calgary fans saying no to this? What??

Obviously It's extremely bad value for the Senators no doubt, but..
There is to much risk for Calgary. There is a reason trades like this don't occur

You are talking about giving up a MASSIVE chunk of our future for one guaranteed year of Karlsson and Duchene. Let's say both walk and it ends up being

Hanifin, Tkachuk, Bennett and Frolik for Stone

To keep all three of those players Calgary would have to offer at minimum 25 Million in cap space. It simply doesn't fit and can't work in a cap world.

The senators could clearly do much better parting those assets in different trades.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Flames < Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, Matt Duchene

Senators < Noah Hanifin, Matthew Tkachuk, Sam Bennett, Troy Brouwer, Michael Frolik

Calgary drastically improves the talent on the roster in the hopes of contending this season. With Brouwer and Frolik off the books they clear enough cap space to re-sign Karlsson

Ottawa gets an infusion of talented youth as they look to build for the future
Value heavily favours the Flames...

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
lmao Flames make out like Bandit all while having Ottawa take cap dumps back. get out of here.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh my. The Sens get absolutely trucked here. Contracts favour Calgary but Ottawa arguably gives up the best three players and have to take back a terrible cap dump in Troy Brouwer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad