The Baertschi Blues

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not the least bit concerned about Baertschi. He'll be fine, the guy is a competitor. Just needs more time in the AHL, get his confidence back and more playing time.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He has apparently lost all of his confidence and has never doubted his abilities more. Wes Gilbertson wrote an article about it in Mondays' sun. Almost seems like he has depression or something.

He is just upset and being sent down, one of the few players on this team that seems to care how he does.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Baertschi said he had never been more disappointed but would continue to work hard to work his way back.

That is not a lack of confidence.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He has apparently lost all of his confidence and has never doubted his abilities more. Wes Gilbertson wrote an article about it in Mondays' sun. Almost seems like he has depression or something.

"Feelings are for sissies" - Guido Sarducci

He didn't say crap about "losing his confidence". He's disappointed about the demotion; weird, right?

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
"Feelings are for sissies" - Guido Sarducci

He didn't say crap about "losing his confidence". He's disappointed about the demotion; weird, right?

He said "I hit rock-bottom now, confidence-wise. I had like five scoring chances... and there's just no confidence, so the pucks don't go in". I don't know how it could be any clearer then that. How about you guys at least read the article that the OP posted.

Last edited:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

He said "I hit rock-bottom now, confidence-wise. I had like five scoring chances... and there's just no confidence, so the pucks don't go in". I don't know how it could be any clearer then that. How about you guys at least read the article that the OP posted.

This doesn't mean he is depressed, nor does it mean he's mentally fragile. I'd suggest an English class to understand that he's talking about losing his confidence on missed opportunities and how it has been a big reason that he's not scoring. He's trying too hard, but they'll eventually start coming. He's also upset he was demoted but he's going to work his hardest to come back up to the team.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

He just very hard on himself which is a good thing, he's obviously not happy about being demoted but at the same time he realizes that he was not playing good enough to stay up there. Its not like he said the Flames organization is stupid for sending me down and im just going to quit hockey. What do you want him to say? that he's happy he got sent down? Obviously not. He's showing his disapointment in himself and I don't see how in any way you can classify that as mentally fragile.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Baertschi having confidence issues shouldn't be a surprise, nor is it necessarily a cause for concern. Keep in mind, Baertschi's a gifted talent and probably enjoyed success where ever he went. For the most part, things likely came easy for him at any level. But all of sudden he's in the NHL but for the first time struggling to produce. He's bouncing around the lineup, receiving irregular ice time, struggling with injuries, and thus, the pressure mounts.

However, calling him mentally fragile or anything of the sort is terribly premature. See how he responds in the AHL over the next month or so. If can find his game again, then I wouldn't think there's anything to really worry about.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It is wrong the official box score changed 1 assist to Horak http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010791

2 points only? Bust.

GS posts read like some sort of comical, train-wreck imaginary fantasy.

Baertschi is simply being very self critical, and is disappointed in himself. Mental weakness would be him going to the AHL and playing like garbage, which isn't going to happen.

It will be nice when he is back and we can dish out some very well deserved crow, for some very small minded posts.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Has 'Cheese even been given a ligitimate shot as a top 6 guy though? Not like a few shifts here or there, but a couple straight games?

You can't throw a kid like him with your 4th line griders and expect him to produce. He needs to develop some chemistry with Tangs or Cammy. Guys like Gallagher and Conacher are lighting it up because they're getting top 6 minutes so they're able to play with better players more often and it's only helping them get better.

To be honest, I'd happily sacrifice Comeau's playing time and give it to Sven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad