Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Bad and The Ugly - Student Body... LEFT. Lost in Arizona 2-0.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
the real question is why are all top guys under-performing?
while others like Mitts or Peterka are better or at the same level they finished last year.
I dont know what staff tells them how to prepare during summer or if that is just personal responsibility of each player.
Maybe the bottom 6 could have used a competent vet who plays a physical game, but was there someone suitable available?
One of the faults is certainly to rely to much on youth and inner growth, this is still the youngest team and it shows.
I would fire all of Granatos staff and replace them with more competent assistants as a first step.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
No, I'm telling you not to be hyperbolic if you want to have a serious conversation. Reading this, though, it's clear you don't want that.
Just one question.

Are you going to give the next GM and Coach 4 years to make the playoffs too?

And then the next coach? And next GM?

For me it does not work that way. Bylsma had this team a few points from the playoffs 7 years ago.

We just gonna keep kicking the can down the road?

Although I have a very good feeling Adams and Granato are probably Sabres lifers.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
while others like Mitts or Peterka are better or at the same level they finished last year.
I dont know what staff tells them how to prepare during summer or if that is just personal responsibility of each player.
Maybe the bottom 6 could have used a competent vet who plays a physical game, but was there someone suitable available?
One of the faults is certainly to rely to much on youth and inner growth, this is still the youngest team and it shows.
I would fire all of Granatos staff and replace them with more competent assistants as a first step.
I was thinking the same thing and posted this before. 90% of the team was not prepared to play from the start of the puck drop.

I dont know what kind of authority the team has over players off season but it feels like they weren't preparing themselves.

I remember a guy name Gary Roberts running a grueling off season program and players came prepared the start of the season. Not sure he is still running it to see if it is successful but what were our guys doing?

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Well Cozens and Mitts directly won us a game this weekend. Skinner was scoring his usual goal pace. Tage with the wrist injury is a huge reason. Top player out and obviously impacted by it on return. Really Tage Cozens Tuch are the 3 that have cost us, and to a lesser extent Dahlin not looking Norris caliber anymore.

The team will start stringing together wins soon and their best players will return to form. They are 6-9 points out depending on how extra played games play out. If it isn't before January may be too late.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Just one question.

Are you going to give the next GM and Coach 4 years to make the playoffs too?

And then the next coach? And next GM?

For me it does not work that way. Bylsma had this team a few points from the playoffs 7 years ago.

We just gonna keep kicking the can down the road?

Although I have a very good feeling Adams and Granato are probably Sabres lifers.

You can't make an apples to apples comparison here. Disco Dan's team was supposed to be a playoff team. Adams inherited a team that needed to get blown up due to the mistakes of previous administration. They're just totally different situations.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY

Someone else pointed out recently, these are the two playing for their big contracts. Why aren’t these two suffering with the rest due to the slump/missing Quinn, Tage, Tuch, etc.? The fact that they’ve still been relatively successful despite the hot turd that is the Sabres’ offense this season suggests that motivation is one of the biggest factors. The GM certainly isn’t utilizing what he can to motivate. That Power contract was an embarrassment. Is the coach? Can the coach? I don’t see it. It’s why I’m pining for a Boudreau/Tortarella/Laviolette type. I’m tired of watching a bunch of millionaires play like they’re leaving less on the ice than our fat asses do in Sunday beer league. This team plays like Don Granato’s personality.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad