Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Bad and The Ugly - Student Body... LEFT. Lost in Arizona 2-0.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I’ve been here before, emotionally, dealing with friends battling addiction. You think they’ve turned the corner, only to watch them violently relapse. Eventually you become exhausted, and ultimately cut them out of you life to maintain your sanity.

This franchise is in dire need of an intervention.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm literally at the toss my jersey on the ice level with this organization.

I could never cheer for another hockey team so long as the Sabres exist so if they happen to move, I will move on as well. It's like my only hope now because nothing else is going to change, I've been in this circle for far too long to believe otherwise.

I just wish I could share my mind with Adams. It won't be nice but it will be a reality check and for Pegula, being content with mediocrity has cost him a generation of fans. You are only a Sabres fan if you are indoctrinated now, kids in Buffalo are wearing Penguins, Capitals and Golden Knight jerseys because they see them winning.

It's sad when my only memory of the Sabres winning was in my teens, for the better part of my 20's and now early to mid 30's they have been terrible. Kids coming into the draft now, have only known the Sabres to be bad. We are at that level.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm literally at the toss my jersey on the ice level with this organization.

I could never cheer for another hockey team so long as the Sabres exist so if they happen to move, I will move on as well. It's like my only hope now because nothing else is going to change, I've been in this circle for far too long to believe otherwise.

I just wish I could share my mind with Adams. It won't be nice but it will be a reality check and for Pegula, being content with mediocrity has cost him a generation of fans. You are only a Sabres fan if you are indoctrinated now, kids in Buffalo are wearing Penguins, Capitals and Golden Knight jerseys because they see them winning.

It's sad when my only memory of the Sabres winning was in my teens, for the better part of my 20's and now early to mid 30's they have been terrible. Kids coming into the draft now, have only known the Sabres to be bad. We are at that level.
I'm not far off from wanting to see happen what some fans in Europe recently did to protest their clubs poor play: hired a dump truck to deposit a giant pile of cow manure right in front of the stadium.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
When your management team is content with losing for development purposes, and there seems to be no accountability or correcting of the same mistakes made from the coaching staff, there IS a problem that is above the players. That doesn’t mean the players aren’t a problem (because they are).
They aren't happy with winning. They added depth in the off season. It's not the depth that's the problem with this team. The guys that are paid to lead this team have been M.I.A. for most of the season. You can add all the depth in the world and if guys Iike Thompson, Cozens, Dahlin, Tuch and Skinner aren't scoring or leading the way they aren't winning.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They aren't happy with winning. They added depth in the off season. It's not the depth that's the problem with this team. The guys that are paid to lead this team have been M.I.A. for most of the season. You can add all the depth in the world and if guys Iike Thompson, Cozens, Dahlin, Tuch and Skinner aren't scoring or leading the way they aren't winning.
Why do you think players CONSTANTLY get run out of this town and then go onto great success elsewhere? Could it have anything to do with the neverending entry level hires at the coaching position? Could it be our current coach and GM would never have been hired by any of the other 31 teams for that position? Our standards are so low that finishing 19th overall is viewed the same way serious organizations would view winning a cup.

Reactions: Snippit

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Why do you think players CONSTANTLY get run out of this town and then go onto great success elsewhere? Could it have anything to do with the neverending entry level hires at the coaching position? Could it be our current coach and GM would never have been hired by any of the other 31 teams for that position? Our standards are so low that finishing 19th overall is viewed the same way serious organizations would view winning a cup.
I think Adams has done a great job so far. He's made some good trades and has drafted well. I don't think it's all on Granato as he had this group overachieve last season. It's not all coaching or roster build that's the problem. You know they get run out of town, it's guys like you, @Ace and @ValJamesDuex that turn on them so quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: Fearnot

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think Adams has done a great job so far. He's made some good trades and has drafted well. I don't think it's all on Granato as he had this group overachieve last season. It's not all coaching or roster build that's the problem. You know they get run out of town, it's guys like you, @Ace and @ValJamesDuex that turn on them so quickly.
All I can say is that the standings don't lie: 6th worst team in the league and falling. And note the "them" I am having a go at are the awful coaching staff and GM who failed spectacularly this offseason and not the players.

Edit: Tagging users not involved in this conversation as a call out is totally uncool.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJN21

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I wouldn't say "great job". He's done much better than I expected to be honest, and I give him credit for that.

But there are some serious roster gaps in this team and organization that he has repeatedly neglected to fill. This board has discussed those ad nauseum.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Aside from the Eichel trade what are the good trades you talk about?

All he has done is sign 4th line scrubs. Clifton and Johnson were awful signings. He did nothing to improve this team last offseason.

He signed Jost which 31 other teams didn't even want and he gave him 2m.

Adams has done a terrible job.

I wouldn't say "great job". He's done much better than I expected to be honest, and I give him credit for that.

But there are some serious roster gaps in this team and organization that he has repeatedly neglected to fill. This board has discussed those ad nauseum.
1 point away from the playoffs and Adams did what to get this team help? Sign fringe players.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
I think overall they played a good game. They showed up and controlled most of the play. They just missed on their chances. Losing a game like this is so much better than not showing up like too many games this season.
Got to fix the powerplay. A start there is put the right players on the ice. Okposo has no place on the PP. Put TNT on one side, VO on the other.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Aside from the Eichel trade what are the good trades you talk about?

All he has done is sign 4th line scrubs. Clifton and Johnson were awful signings. He did nothing to improve this team last offseason.

He signed Jost which 31 other teams didn't even want and he gave him 2m.

Adams has done a terrible job.

1 point away from the playoffs and Adams did what to get this team help? Sign fringe players.

Settle down on the hyperbole if you want to have a serious conversation. Jack, Sam, and Risto trades were at least "good". Drafting has been excellent. I wouldn't call either defenseman signed this past summer "awful". They've been passable at the very least, sometimes bringing a lot to the table that no one else on the roster does. Hell, the Robinson trade looks pretty decent, too.

Could he have done more? Yes. At what cost, though?

Could he have predicted so many forwards falling off at the same time? No.

Is there more to do? Of course there is. That's the job. Always trying to improve.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
what?

go watch our powerplay...

why cant we win at home with the advantage of last change?

It's coaching. Plain and simple.

Reactions: sabremike

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Settle down on the hyperbole if you want to have a serious conversation. Jack, Sam, and Risto trades were at least "good". Drafting has been excellent. I wouldn't call either defenseman signed this past summer "awful". They've been passable at the very least, sometimes bringing a lot to the table that no one else on the roster does. Hell, the Robinson trade looks pretty decent, too.

Could he have done more? Yes. At what cost, though?

Could he have predicted so many forwards falling off at the same time? No.

Is there more to do? Of course there is. That's the job. Always trying to improve.
I am sorry are you telling me how I should feel?

13 years of missed playoffs and 30% of that under Adams.

"Adams could have done more? Yes. A wat cost though? " - A complete copout and admission that Adams isn't capable of making tough decisions.

Perhaps I should drink more kool-aid. Where do you get yours?

Reinhart should still be here. Just another reason why Adams is terrible. If we Still had Reinhart s we would have made the playoffs by now but Adams refused to lock him up long term.

Anyone with any talent has jumped ship. I wonder how long before Dahlin has had enough.

I have never seen so many fans kiss the ring of management and coaches yet the guys running the show haven't won a damn thing here or anywhere else as coaches or managers. Its like some fans forgot what its like to win.

The sabres hold a record that spans across 4 professional sports and probably the most dubious ever and may never be beat by any franchise in professional sports. We are literally a joke not just in the NHL but all professional sports but ya Adams is great!

Our only hope is the Denver Broncos dont turn things around for another 6 years and maybe we have a shot at losing that record.

Last edited:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

"Adams could have done more? Yes. A wat cost though? " - A complete copout and admission that Adams isn't capable of making tough decisions.

Reinhart should still be here. Just another reason why Adams is terrible. If we Still had Reinhart s we would have made the playoffs by now but Adams refused to lock him up long term.

Anyone with any talent has jumped ship. I wonder how long before Dahlin has had enough.

I have never seen so many fans kiss the ring of management and coaches yet the guys running the show haven't won a damn thing here or anywhere else as coaches or managers. Its like some fans forgot what its like to win.

The sabres hold a record that spans across 4 professional sports and probably the most dubious ever and may never be beat by any franchise in professional sports. We are literally a joke not just in the NHL but all professional sports but ya Adams is great!

Our only hope is the Denver Broncos dont turn things around for another 6 years and maybe we have a shot at losing that record.
The failure to not lock up Rino was on Botts

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

No, I'm telling you not to be hyperbolic if you want to have a serious conversation. Reading this, though, it's clear you don't want that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s year four.

how long are we supposed to approve of his inaction as his team is on track to finish behind the one Botterill finished with?

Reactions: sabremike

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Anyone who earnestly throws their hands up and says “well…all of our good players need to be better” without wanting to question how it’s possible that ALL OF YOUR GOOD PLAYERS ARENT PLAYING BETTER is just trying to treat the symptoms while ignoring he disease. Just like with RoR. Just like with Eichel. How many more times are we going to do this? Fix the problem. Don’t blame the results of it. Again,

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
It’s year four.

how long are we supposed to approve of his inaction as his team is on track to finish behind the one Botterill finished with?
What did you want him to do? Free agency he added depth on defense. There wasn't anything that I would consider an upgrade in net that was available. I'm sorry but how was Adams supposed foresee that all the top guys would take a step back this year.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
What did you want him to do? Free agency he added depth on defense. There wasn't anything that I would consider an upgrade in net that was available. I'm sorry but how was Adams supposed foresee that all the top guys would take a step back this year.
By being a clairvoyant

• Haha
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Moving my reply to the Adams thread.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
We're not allowed to say our best players need to be better anymore when we're getting shut out by one of the worst goalies in the NHL this year. Got it

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnumForce2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad