OT: The Avalounge: Why Can't We All Just Get Chicken Wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Anyone else having this minor problem with Twitter by it randomly shuffling the posts as it wants.

Very rarely in the correct timeline for me. Have to refresh it a few times and get lucky that it sorts it chronologically.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Crayon Pop hit it out of the universe with another one. Damn I think this might be one of the best non-North American popular pop bands in the last twenty years since Michael Jackson. Absolutely amazing song and their full length album is coming in 2016.

For the Kpop brotherhood here, could you guys explain to me Korean language, particularly Korean names. I love Asian food and normally the teppanyaki chiefs adopt a "Western" sounding name. And the same could be said for Kpop members. Like Geummi from Crayon Pop (the blue one), real name is actually Baek Bo-ram. While the twin sisters are both Heo Min-jin (Choa) and Heo Min-seon (Way) respectively. Any reason why for this? And in Korean name structure, is the family surname the first and then the identifying first name after. So for Geummi, her first name is Bo-ram, and her family name is Baek?

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
having an achilles/heel injury while having to snowboard 5 days a week and play 2 hockey games a week is really rough.

anyone around here ever have bad achilles/ heel pain that might be able to lend me some advice on rehab?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I had to 'retire' from hockey because of a ruptured achilles that never healed right. It is a rough road if you have a full tear. The best thing that ever happened to me was an underwater treadmill. I didn't have access to one until years after my injury, but it was night and day after a few months of running on one.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Great picture from New Years Eve in Manchester.

rwphmd.jpg

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Anyone else having this minor problem with Twitter by it randomly shuffling the posts as it wants.

Very rarely in the correct timeline for me. Have to refresh it a few times and get lucky that it sorts it chronologically.

So, it's like facebook.

Speaking of which, I can't figure out why some of their "news stories" pop up. I got one about a Jamba Juice closing in Michigan. Why on earth would I care about that?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Seems like all other JPop to me

My narrow-minded views are applicable to the whole lot.

My UPS package is scheduled for delivery today (it's 5 AM now) and the last tracking update is from a week ago in Denmark. Annoying the crap out of me. I ordered on Christmas Eve. Stupid midweek holidays.

E: Literally 15 minutes after I wrote that it's been scanned out for delivery. Was sure it'd be late.

Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Mom just got diagnosed with cancer :(

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. There's nothing worse. I can relate since my father died of it awhile back, he had a bad case. How does it look for your mother?

I'm praying for her, you and your family. God bless.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. There's nothing worse. I can relate since my father died of it awhile back, he had a bad case. How does it look for your mother?

I'm praying for her, you and your family. God bless.

Oh gosh that's terrible. We'll be here for you, anything you need.

I appreciate it, a lot.

Biopsy results came back today, in the beginning stages. She's going to have surgery to remove the lump and they'll examine it more. It's been a rough couple of years. Summer of 2014 a hole was found in her lung which caused it to collapse, and since then she's had 5/6 different pneumothorax surgeries to fix it. Finally the last one sealed the lung and it hasn't collapsed in 5 months but it's excruciatingly painful since all the surgeries were done from one side of her body that she has severe nerve damage and breathing issues now. It doesn't help that I have an 8 year old sister, and my father had a heart attack 3 months ago, though he's just starting to feel better.

Guess these things can happen at any moment.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I appreciate it, a lot.

Biopsy results came back today, in the beginning stages. She's going to have surgery to remove the lump and they'll examine it more. It's been a rough couple of years. Summer of 2014 a hole was found in her lung which caused it to collapse, and since then she's had 5/6 different pneumothorax surgeries to fix it. Finally the last one sealed the lung and it hasn't collapsed in 5 months but it's excruciatingly painful since all the surgeries were done from one side of her body that she has severe nerve damage and breathing issues now. It doesn't help that I have an 8 year old sister, and my father had a heart attack 3 months ago, though he's just starting to feel better.

Horrible to hear, hang in there buddy, I'm sure all will be well for your mom.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I appreciate it, a lot.

Yeesh... my heart goes out to you and your family. Hang in there!

Catching cancer early helps the whole process. I've seen people catch it early and lead pretty normal lives... people that catch it late spend a lot of time struggling.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I had to 'retire' from hockey because of a ruptured achilles that never healed right. It is a rough road if you have a full tear. The best thing that ever happened to me was an underwater treadmill. I didn't have access to one until years after my injury, but it was night and day after a few months of running on one.

I have torn mine twice and it has required three surgeries to fix. It sucks, I feel your pain.

Great picture from New Years Eve in Manchester.

rwphmd.jpg

What the hell happened in Manchester?

Mom just got diagnosed with cancer :(

Sincere condolences. That is why I try to live life to the fullest every freaking day and really cherish the moments I have left with my mom. Life is a gift.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
New Year's Eve dude, obviously! :cheers:

Oh, I was hoping there wasn't another massacre or something. I am sick of massacres. I was going to make a joke about that guy going for his beer, but thought it might have been a little more serious than that. :5:

edit: Honest to god it looked like it might be another Paris situation and I have been out of the news loop for a while. I hated to make a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad