OT: The Avalounge: The Internet is a Cruel Place Sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
How do you buy a penguin? I'd like to own one.

You have a parrot that can talk? Put her in the fridge over night and in the morning when you open it she will say: You mother*****r! Do you think I'm a penguin?
Simply answer yes and voila...you have a penguin...

:)

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
You have a parrot that can talk? Put her in the fridge over night and in the morning when you open it she will say: You mother*****r! Do you think I'm a penguin?

this happens every time to me when I drink tequila

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I can see why you like it, reminds me of the Killers a bit. I like the smoothness in some of the grooves. Alt rock can go off the rails pretty easily for me but I like it when it sticks to a melody/groove.

Well, the lead singer and rhythm guitarist for Big Talk, Ronnie Vannucci Jr., is the drummer for The Killers so....

Yeah, both he and Brandon Flowers (the lead singer for The Killers) have 2 solo records, they tend to release them around the same time because they're made while The Killers are on a "hiatus/break". I have found, with both of Big Talk's albums now, that they're what I would really enjoy seeing The Killers move to, direction-wise. Nothing against Flowers' solo records, I've enjoyed both immensely, especially his latest one, The Desired Effect, it full-on embraces his 80's pop inspiration, but I can't help but find Big Talk to be more enjoyable.

And you're right, they find some good grooves.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Just watch Ex Machina, holy ****. Great movie.

Fantastic movie imo. Really a mind twister.

Taking a rest day in Alamosa atm. Almost done with the Sangre de Cristo's. Crazy to think I'm less than a month away from finishing climbing all the 14ers in colorado.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Good to see you! How many of these peaks had you not done before?

All but two. So 52 of them were new for me. Doing the "hardest" peak in Colorado tomorrow: Little Bear. This is a video of a guy descending down the hardest part of the climb.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I think I have an addiction to headphones.

Over the last year I have bought 4 pairs of cans and my 5th today. About $1000 in total. I've also bought at least 4 sets of earbuds, around $150 in total. I've bought 3 bluetooth speakers for $50 total. Two amps and 1 dac for $400 in total.

Do they have any support groups for this kind of stuff?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Meanwhile, I remember you from back in the Avalanche forum :P (at least I'm fairly certain I do :/)

Sam and Lonewolf and Seph are the ones I remember from over there. I didn't post much, but I did get kicked off a couple of times for arguing with Canuck fans during the Moore-Bertuzzi fiasco. Not some of my finer moments on the internets lol.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think I have an addiction to headphones.

Over the last year I have bought 4 pairs of cans and my 5th today. About $1000 in total. I've also bought at least 4 sets of earbuds, around $150 in total. I've bought 3 bluetooth speakers for $50 total. Two amps and 1 dac for $400 in total.

Do they have any support groups for this kind of stuff?

What kind of bluetooth speakers did you get for $50 total? Some audiophile you are. ;)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
What kind of bluetooth speakers did you get for $50 total? Some audiophile you are. ;)

Bluetooth doesn't carry well for audio quality, so I bought a $30 one for travel (got another one free when it was broken and fixed the original) and then bought a $20 waterproof one... because I was curious. End result is they are NOT waterproof, even if they say they are. They just work again after they're done drying.

Bluetooth headphones and speakers are more about convenience than sound.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Sam and Lonewolf and Seph are the ones I remember from over there. I didn't post much, but I did get kicked off a couple of times for arguing with Canuck fans during the Moore-Bertuzzi fiasco. Not some of my finer moments on the internets lol.
I'm stillfriends with a ton of those people on face book haha. Don't really talk to anyone anymore other than nazmo, though.

Last edited:

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I'm still facebook friends with a ton of those people on facebook haha. Don't really talk to anyone anymore other than nazmo, though.

Yeah, I kind of remember Nazmo.....ha.

The format over there is really a pain in ass imo, that is why I came over here. Glad I did, too because it's better in general, I think....there seems to be better hockey talk.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yeah, I kind of remember Nazmo.....ha.

The format over there is really a pain in ass imo, that is why I came over here. Glad I did, too because it's better in general, I think....there seem to be more knowledgeable fans.

Completely right with that statement. It's why I switched over, I got tired of how childish that forum was and the lack of hockey knowledge.

It's good to see the better posters all moving over here too. I do kind of miss the BDL though. Sam, let's bring the Beeters back.

True enough. Hence I'm holding out until I can afford a proper sound system for everything all at once. In your opinion should I look somewhere else than Bose?

Absolutely, yes. The only thing I'd ever consider from Bose are their QuietComfort line of headphones since they're the absolutely best at noise cancelling. I'm a big Polk fan because their price to performance is pretty high. You're not buying an "audiophile" brand, but rather just really damn good equipment. I forgot I also bought a pair of bookshelf speakers from them and a $20 amp to power them in the past year... where else have I hid more audio components.

Last edited:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Completely right with that statement. It's why I switched over, I got tired of how childish that forum was and the lack of hockey knowledge.

It's good to see the better posters all moving over here too. I do kind of miss the BDL though. Sam, let's bring the Beeters back.

The BDL!! Do those boards still exist? Fun times. Got kind of dramatic sometimes though haha. Like my feud with JF or that season I was ROBBED of MVP. Or most of the girls.
Our team was the coolest

member 116861

Does the Aves board still exist? That place was a ****ing mess.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The BDL!! Do those boards still exist? Fun times. Got kind of dramatic sometimes though haha. Like my feud with JF or that season I was ROBBED of MVP. Or most of the girls.
Our team was the coolest

http://bdl-teams.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.com/index.cgi?

I don't visit, but it was in my bookmarks still. You really enjoyed being team leader back then.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
http://bdl-teams.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.com/index.cgi?

I don't visit, but it was in my bookmarks still. You really enjoyed being team leader back then.
Yeah it's my controlling nature :D
I'm having trouble remembering a single other person on our team other than you, though. Were you captain??

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yeah it's my controlling nature :D
I'm having trouble remembering a single other person on our team other than you, though. Were you captain??

I don't remember what I did to be honest. Naz was on the team. JF for a little while too. Geoff. Innet I think too?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

I had a parrot that talked, but it did not say I'm hungry, so it died.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Absolutely, yes. The only thing I'd ever consider from Bose are their QuietComfort line of headphones since they're the absolutely best at noise cancelling. I'm a big Polk fan because their price to performance is pretty high. You're not buying an "audiophile" brand, but rather just really damn good equipment. I forgot I also bought a pair of bookshelf speakers from them and a $20 amp to power them in the past year... where else have I hid more audio components.

I thought so.

Never heard of this Polk brand before, did a bit of googling and it seems there's very little out there in Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad