OT: The Avalounge: The Internet is a Cruel Place Sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
TV, from my limited knowledge of escape rooms, it's basically a social event where a bunch of people get locked into a room together, and in order to escape they need to work together and solve a bunch of puzzles and riddles. I'm pretty big on video games, and it sounds kind of like a point-and-click adventure to me, which sounds really damn cool. So I'm excited, but also somewhat nervous for it. I don't want to lose, haha.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What a ridiculous game for the Blue Jays tonight. I shut it off when it was 8-1 Red Sox, turned it back on when I saw it was 8-5, the Blue Jays put up 9 straight runs while running the table and led 13-8 now it's 13-10 in the 9th.

member 116861

What a ridiculous game for the Blue Jays tonight. I shut it off when it was 8-1 Red Sox, turned it back on when I saw it was 8-5, the Blue Jays put up 9 straight runs while running the table and led 13-8 now it's 13-10 in the 9th.

Imagine if this team had pitching.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
GOT PREDICTION

[spoil] Olly kills Jon Snow. LSH revealed. But maybe not who you think. [/spoil]

My thoughts on that

[spoil] They've obviously built up Olly this season for something, but I would feel a little let down if it ended up being killing Jon Snow, only because they've foreshadowed the hell out of it. But who knows. I don't personally want to see Jon Snow killed, and if they do, in fact, kill him off, I won't be a happy viewer. Over the years Jon has become my favorite character, and in a world where we keep getting s**t on when it comes to the good guys always succumbing to the bad guys, Snow needs to be kept around. If they kill him off, I can't say that I'll "never watch the show again", because damnit, the Red Wedding was hard enough already, but it'll be difficult to want to continue investing in these good guys when you just believe that they'll eventually get offed.

On the subject of LSH, it'll be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on that. I wouldn't mind it, but because it hasn't happened at all, and those involved with that storyline have all said it won't, I've kind of put it "out of mind".

This show needs all 3 of Tyrion, Danaerys, and Jon Snow to live...more so Jon and Tyrion (not big on Dany personally, but she seems to be a vital character to the overall series). You kill any one of those three off, then you've blown a huge hole in the fandom.[/spoil]

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
My thoughts on that

[spoil] They've obviously built up Olly this season for something, but I would feel a little let down if it ended up being killing Jon Snow, only because they've foreshadowed the hell out of it. But who knows. I don't personally want to see Jon Snow killed, and if they do, in fact, kill him off, I won't be a happy viewer. Over the years Jon has become my favorite character, and in a world where we keep getting s**t on when it comes to the good guys always succumbing to the bad guys, Snow needs to be kept around. If they kill him off, I can't say that I'll "never watch the show again", because damnit, the Red Wedding was hard enough already, but it'll be difficult to want to continue investing in these good guys when you just believe that they'll eventually get offed.

On the subject of LSH, it'll be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on that. I wouldn't mind it, but because it hasn't happened at all, and those involved with that storyline have all said it won't, I've kind of put it "out of mind".

This show needs all 3 of Tyrion, Danaerys, and Jon Snow to live...more so Jon and Tyrion (not big on Dany personally, but she seems to be a vital character to the overall series). You kill any one of those three off, then you've blown a huge hole in the fandom.[/spoil]

Have you read the books? I'm assuming so because you know about LSH. Spoiler is a bit spoilery if you haven't read the books.

[spoil] I think it's pretty safe to say that jon is going to "die" in the finale. Whether its Olly or not I don't know. But I also don't think it will be a true death with all the magic at the wall and Mellisandre having a crush on him and what not. Maybe he gets reanimated as a White Walker or something haha.

And I think it's a possible they have LSH. Obviously they've been secretive about it. The title of the episode is "Mother's Mercy". Though that can obviously be a lot of things. The actress is also credited on IMbd though that can be false info. I think Sansa could step into the role too. [/spoil]

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Have you read the books? I'm assuming so because you know about LSH. Spoiler is a bit spoilery if you haven't read the books.

[spoil] I think it's pretty safe to say that jon is going to "die" in the finale. Whether its Olly or not I don't know. But I also don't think it will be a true death with all the magic at the wall and Mellisandre having a crush on him and what not. Maybe he gets reanimated as a White Walker or something haha.

And I think it's a possible they have LSH. Obviously they've been secretive about it. The title of the episode is "Mother's Mercy". Though that can obviously be a lot of things. The actress is also credited on IMbd though that can be false info. I think Sansa could step into the role too. [/spoil]

[spoil] I've not read the books, but I've known about what happens to Jon at the end of the most recently released book for quite some time now. My hope is that since Benioff & Weiss know what happens in the series (via Martin) to the charactes and their story arcs and whatnot, that we'll get a glimpse of that tonight. I personally have been aboard the train that Snow is the Champion of the Lord of the Light (The "Jon Snow is Azor Ahai" theory), and that if they follow through with the Snow being stabbed by the Watch tonight, that something also happens to Stannis and that Melisandre will attempt to revive him, but will say something along the lines of "Lord of the Light, bring back your Champion" and that it will be Jon who opens his eyes.

I would not want to see Jon reanimated as some White Walker though, that'd be crappy. It's simple really, just don't "kill" him off, and I don't think they're going to. Apparently the rumor is that Kit Harrington has it written in his contract that he can't get his hair cut (even while they're between seasons) while Jon Snow is still a character in GoT...well, if his recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel is any indication, he's definitely back for Season 6.[/spoil]

FoppaForsberg*

I'm always nervous to read the spoilers on here about GOT because I'm not a book reader.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
[spoil] I've not read the books, but I've known about what happens to Jon at the end of the most recently released book for quite some time now. My hope is that since Benioff & Weiss know what happens in the series (via Martin) to the charactes and their story arcs and whatnot, that we'll get a glimpse of that tonight. I personally have been aboard the train that Snow is the Champion of the Lord of the Light (The "Jon Snow is Azor Ahai" theory), and that if they follow through with the Snow being stabbed by the Watch tonight, that something also happens to Stannis and that Melisandre will attempt to revive him, but will say something along the lines of "Lord of the Light, bring back your Champion" and that it will be Jon who opens his eyes.

I would not want to see Jon reanimated as some White Walker though, that'd be crappy. It's simple really, just don't "kill" him off, and I don't think they're going to. Apparently the rumor is that Kit Harrington has it written in his contract that he can't get his hair cut (even while they're between seasons) while Jon Snow is still a character in GoT...well, if his recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel is any indication, he's definitely back for Season 6.[/spoil]

[spoil]Hahaha yeah I didn't want to say too much spoilery stuff but yeah. Jon will die and be brought back in some fashion/warg into Ghost for a while. He is the key to the whole series.

My thoughts are that in his death he will be released from his night's watch vows which will free him to win the iron throne :naughty: [/spoil]

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Kinda sounds like a reality tv challenge, which would be fun to try. How long does it last?

I've been to escape rooms twice, and I can totally recommend them. Theyre really interesting, at its all about working as a team. Both that I did were for one hour, and I believe that every challenge has a 60 minute timelimit. You will have so much to talk about and analyze with your friends after the event is done, especially if you cant solve the mystery completely :laugh:

I actually just came from five week roadtrip from USA, we drove from NYC to Las Vegas. Amazing trip! :handclap: Denver was actually the nicest place we were at with my buddies, every one of us felt that way :yo: Unfortunately didnt have too much time to spend there, saw "only" the city but missed for example Rocky Mountain. I was lucky enough to visit Altitude Authentics, was a gold mine!

But yeah, we tried one escape room at Denver Escape Room which is located in Northglenn. The whole experience was great, we didnt manage to solve the mystery completely but one person from staff even walked us through the ending. Darn close!

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Cool sounds interesting, I'll have to try it. Glad you liked Denver :D

Yeah! Food and people were amazing, and the view was beautiful. Must give it a longer visit some time, to get to see Avs & the mountains. :)

I just checked the website of Denver Escape Room, they have one room that is just 45minutes. We did the White Lie, I can totally recommend it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad