OT: The Avalounge: So at last we meet for the first time for the last time

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Drinking any pop is nasty, I haven't drunk one in nearly 2 years and when I was sick last winter I had some Ginger Ale and I could taste the separate ingredients; sugar, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup. Coffee is just a bunch of empty calories that make your teeth yellow. I was in the "Arizona Tea" movement throughout highschool, but that stuff is even too sweet for me now. Currently Arnold Palmer's (with unsweetened ice tea) and tea with a teaspoon of honey is where it's at.

Also my new favourite song
http://vimeo.com/35748893

Now, SHE looks like a fish. Not Carly.

She looks like the Polish version of Lady Gaga, no go bro. But good song.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Drinking any pop is nasty, I haven't drunk one in nearly 2 years and when I was sick last winter I had some Ginger Ale and I could taste separate ingredients; sugar, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup. Coffee is just a bunch of empty calories that make your teeth yellow. I was in the "Arizona Tea" movement, but that stuff is even too sweet for me now. Currently Arnold Palmer's and tea with a teaspoon of honey is where it's at.

Now, SHE looks like a fish. Not Carly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Drinking any pop is nasty, I haven't drunk one in nearly 2 years and when I was sick last winter I had some Ginger Ale and I could taste the separate ingredients; sugar, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup. Coffee is just a bunch of empty calories that make your teeth yellow. I was in the "Arizona Tea" movement throughout highschool, but that stuff is even too sweet for me now. Currently Arnold Palmer's (with unsweetened ice tea) and tea with a teaspoon of honey is where it's at.

She looks like the Polish version of Lady Gaga, no go bro. But good song.

I drink way to much pop (although I have cut down?)

Seph I've never had mcdonalds (other than fries/ice cream) on rare occasions. Are you proud of me? :innocent:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
S E P H, you say "pop"?
Actually at my old job in retail I called soda, "pop" and this one customer got pretty pissed and corrected me. :laugh: Even after that day I keep calling it both pop and soda, don't really care.

I drink way to much pop (although I have cut down?)

Seph I've never had mcdonalds (other than fries/ice cream) on rare occasions. Are you proud of me? :innocent:

:shakehead For every pop you drink D2M that will be 50 laps around the whole city of Ottawa for you. :nod:

Their chips are freakin amazing at McDonald's-greasy and full of sodium, but amazing. I am proud of you, but does that go for every fast food joint? Do you guys have Chipotle's up there?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Dr. Pepper is disgusting and I also call it "pop".

Hey look, another thunderstorm in Edmonton. Shocking! Almost got into an accident yesterday because stupid people stopped under the overpass to protect themselves from the hail. There was no room for some of them to pull over so they just came to a complete stop in the right lane. :shakehead

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Actually at my old job in retail I called soda, "pop" and this one customer got pretty pissed and corrected me. :laugh: Even after that day I keep calling it both pop and soda, don't really care.

:shakehead For every pop you drink D2M that will be 50 laps around the whole city of Ottawa for you. :nod:

Their chips are freakin amazing at McDonald's-greasy and full of sodium, but amazing. I am proud of you, but does that go for every fast food joint? Do you guys have Chipotle's up there?

I know it's bad but I just can't help my self sometimes. As I said tho I've cut down a significant amount.

Chips? :laugh: Yeah, pretty much every fast food joint. Unless, you count subway fast food in which case I have that about once/twice a week.

What's chipotle's? Also didn't you live in Canada before?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Soda, not that it makes a big difference. I just didn't expect it :laugh: At least nobody's saying "cola" heh. That would be weird.

Maybe a Canadian/American thing? Pretty much every restaurant I've been to says "pop" or "soft drink"

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They had a great idea in Québec . Not long ago, they decided to finally introduce us to dr.pepper. That soft drink wasnt available to us b4 and i drank my first one today .

Holy ****** of *** , that **** is nasty !!:banghead::banghead: How on earth are you able to drink that ?

To me, Dr Pepper tastes like carbonated prune juice. Hate the stuff.

PS...I call it "soda".

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I know it's bad but I just can't help my self sometimes. As I said tho I've cut down a significant amount.

Chips? :laugh: Yeah, pretty much every fast food joint. Unless, you count subway fast food in which case I have that about once/twice a week.

What's chipotle's? Also didn't you live in Canada before?

England's English > North American English

Lived? I played two seasons of junior hockey in Canada, Timmy Horton's BLT bro and Chicken Noodle Soup. :nod: Yeah I don't go to any fast food restaurant besides Chick-fil-a and Arby's occasionally. I go to the higher end which I discussion below.

For some reason the Subway's in Canada are way better than down here in the states. I noticed more quality ingredients than grade F chicken I keep on getting in Colorado. Also Ketchup flavoured crisps are amazing as well, sadly we don't have those in the states.

One thing I never noticed in Canada was Mexican food and that is what Chipotle's is. Picture a Mexican version of Noodle's n Company or Tokyo Joe, you gotta have that in Ottawa?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
popvssodamap.gif

Simple version
kielsoda.003.jpg

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
That's weird. I grew up in "pop" region, went to school in "pop" region, currently live in "coke" region, and call it "soda" :laugh:

Most restaurants I've seen call them "soft drinks."

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
England's English > North American English

Lived? I played two seasons of junior hockey in Canada, Timmy Horton's BLT bro and Chicken Noodle Soup. :nod: Yeah I don't go to any fast food restaurant besides Chick-fil-a and Arby's occasionally. I go to the higher end which I discussion below.

For some reason the Subway's in Canada are way better than down here in the states. I noticed more quality ingredients than grade F chicken I keep on getting in Colorado. Also Ketchup flavoured crisps are amazing as well, sadly we don't have those in the states.

One thing I never noticed in Canada was Mexican food and that is what Chipotle's is. Picture a Mexican version of Noodle's n Company or Tokyo Joe, you gotta have that in Ottawa?

Nope no chipotle's here.

Huh so, you're not Canadian? Your parents are French Canadian tho right? What do you consider yourself?

FrostyBear21

Jul 20, 2013
Murica
That's weird. I grew up in "pop" region, went to school in "pop" region, currently live in "coke" region, and call it "soda" :laugh:

Most restaurants I've seen call them "soft drinks."

That'd be the politically correct version, I suppose. :laugh:

Much prefer soda though. Barq's Root Beer is the best IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad