HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
resized_jesus-says.jpg

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
posts with nothing but a pic are spam...

Im-not-sorry.jpg

EDIT: apparently, if you delete the first post of a thread, it deletes the thread...

FoppaForsberg*

Yeah but the difference between the Beatles and other famous bands/artists is that the Beatles are actually bad.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It's just the whole "so glad to be back" shtick. You guys were voluntarily staying out of the thread. You could've "come back" at any time.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
My take on the Beatles is I get why they are important to this history of music and why people have a deep connection it on to them but the music on it's own merit just isn't good. Many are overly simplistic, repetitive or just atrocious lyrically and musically. I know a lot of people don't share that opinion.

They just started offering poutine at Red Robin. I'm going to respect my friends to the north and have that not be my first poutine experience. I can only imagine how insulting their attempt at it is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The best poutine I have had in Colorado is from the Common Link food truck. Theirs is a pretty solid attempt, but still doesn't compare to Quebec.

Red Robin's is probably mozzarella cheese on steak fries with the cheapest gravy possible. :shakehead

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
The best poutine I have had in Colorado is from the Common Link food truck. Theirs is a pretty solid attempt, but still doesn't compare to Quebec.

Red Robin's is probably mozzarella cheese on steak fries with the cheapest gravy possible. :shakehead

Depends , you need to go in regions , outside of québec city .
In Québec city they really like those from Ashton, personally i think that the one from Ashton are disgusting

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
My take on the Beatles is I get why they are important to this history of music and why people have a deep connection it on to them but the music on it's own merit just isn't good. Many are overly simplistic, repetitive or just atrocious lyrically and musically. I know a lot of people don't share that opinion.

I fully understand people may not enjoy The Beatles, but I don't think anyone has a right to say that the music isn't good (and from that I mean saying it with a definitive meaning), or on the flip side say that their music is the best thing ever. Music is subjective. As an example, many of today's rock acts I personally find unlistenable, but that doesn't make my opinion right, and others (who may enjoy said bands) wrong.

Now, for whatever reason (likely multiple), their general perception is that of the "greatest rock and roll band"...however, I tend to believe that they were definitely in the right place at the right time, and somehow their music has stood the test of time. So, they must've done something right, because most bands don't have that musical longevity, especially if they only released recorded music for 8 years (as The Beatles did, from 1962-1970). They'll forever be my personal favorite band, and I'll always understand that not everyone will like them, but I don't believe that there's any denying their impact on future generations of musicians.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I know the proper thing is to try and pronounce names and words correctly but I just struggle with how far to go to remain respectful but not sound ridiculous departing so far from my own accent. Like the city Louisville for example. I know it's stupid to say it fully like Louis-ville and that natives call it more like Ll-ville but I just can't pull it off, my compromise is Louie-ville. Or should I just pretend to go heavy southern accent to say it "proper"?

Or like Rantanen, isn't it proper to say Rahn-tan-en? I just can't do that. Saying the strong A like that sounds like I'm trying to fake an English accent. So which is worse, saying it wrong or completely faking it?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Depends , you need to go in regions , outside of québec city .
In Québec city they really like those from Ashton, personally i think that the one from Ashton are disgusting

I definitely agree with that, and I'm not an Ashton's fan either... sadly they still make better poutine than most places I have tried in the states.

Chez Gaston is my go to in QC.... it may not be the best, but I always leave happy when I go there. I also enjoy Casse-Croute Pierrot when I'm stumbling around after a night of drinking... ugh I can't wait to get back to Quebec City.

I can't remember the name of the place in Victoriaville, but their poutine was solid overall... their curds however were unreal! So, so squeaky! Probably the best curds I have ever had.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
1929359_1110070072823_1142416_n.jpg

avec foie gras.

I'm no expert on poutine, and I've only had it in Whistler a couple of times, but that^^ was just divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad