OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Anyone else having trouble using the boards on mobile? I legit cannot post on mobile anymore. I get hit with these full page ad's that take over the screen. This happened to me before and I would simply hit the "back" button and try again but I can't even do that anymore.

Had to log in on my laptop just to post this lol.
None of that here right now.
Most definitely no doubt about that, Slipknot was that band for me.
I'm still okay with Slipknot, but Limp Bizkit on the other hand...

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Most definitely no doubt about that, Slipknot was that band for me.

Really, you find Slipknot embarrassing now? Slipknot still make some really powerful songs if you ask me, it's gets my testosterone flowing in the gym. A song like "Nero Forte" makes me feel good, not many singers sounding more angry than Corey Taylor. ;-) "Orphan" is also nice from the new album.

Well, we are all different, peace. :)

in Poland its the black metal cult where outcasts decide to become idiots and listen to terrible bands like Behemoth to rebel against what society wants them to be.

I'm pretty open minded but I actually can't stand Behemoth, it's simply way too much of this satanist thing for me. I have no f*cking idea if they are serious about it or not but for me it simply way too much crap.

I do have limits too, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Glad to hear it. I thought I was the only non-metal fan here. Metal was ruined for me by a housemate at college who played it full volume in the middle of the night while he played World of Warcraft. Then proceeded to throw his computer keyboard around when someone killed him. Or something.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm still okay with Slipknot, but Limp Bizkit on the other hand...
I actually quite like a handful of Limp Bizkit songs, don't get me wrong they're super douchebaggery though. Slipknot is just for those 16 year old boys who just got hormones and don't know what to do with them so they start wearing black.
Really, you find Slipknot embarrassing now? Slipknot still make some really powerful songs if you ask me, it's gets my testosterone flowing in the gym. A song like "Nero Forte" makes me feel good, not many singers sounding more angry than Corey Taylor. ;-) "Orphan" is also nice from the new album.

Well, we are all different, peace. :)
I still drum to them and they have a lot of catchy songs, but personality-wise that band just doesn't seem normal if you know what I mean. A lot of those band members are trailer trash.

Where the hip hop heads at?

Hip-hop is also good, all genres have their good stuff. Been listening to CL Smooth a lot lately.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I actually quite like a handful of Limp Bizkit songs, don't get me wrong they're super *****ebaggery though. Slipknot is just for those 16 year old boys who just got hormones and don't know what to do with them so they start wearing black.

I still drum to them and they have a lot of catchy songs, but personality-wise that band just doesn't seem normal if you know what I mean. A lot of those band members are trailer trash.

Hip-hop is also good, all genres have their good stuff. Been listening to CL Smooth a lot lately.

Yea, many genres are good, you are most into trance or techno type of music SEPH?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hip Hop and those sub genres is basically what I exclusively listen to now.

Probably the biggest change in my life personally the last ~2 years has been my music tastes. I've went from a very indie taste in music(Such as MGMT, Modest Mouse, The Strokes, etc) to almost exclusively Hip Hop and Trap.

For example, my Top 10 listened to artists in the last 6 months, in order are:

1. SAINt JHN
2. Amine
3. Chance The Rapper
4. Smino
5. Post Malone
6. Young Thug
7. Khalid
8. Tobi Lou
9. Juice WRLD
10. Kid Cudi

Also, anyone who is a Hip Hop/Trap genre fan, do yourself a favor and listen to SAINt JHN. The best artist in the entire game right now by far IMO. Just released his second album in August and honestly he has yet to have a subpar release. So unbelievably underrated.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
Anyone else having trouble using the boards on mobile? I legit cannot post on mobile anymore. I get hit with these full page ad's that take over the screen. This happened to me before and I would simply hit the "back" button and try again but I can't even do that anymore.

Had to log in on my laptop just to post this lol.
I had that problem to, but it works now.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'd be more inclined to agree if they weren't so successful. Especially when there's GWAR.

Well, we all have different taste in music, that's for sure. :) Slipknot is interesting, their style is provoking and debatable but some songs are great if you ask me. I believe I had prejudice against them before I actually gave them a chance, starting listening.

Hmmm, I like James "Jim" Root, seem to be such a nice friendly guy and a real guitar (Fender) nerd, perhaps I envy his beard. ;-)
57F55270-slipknot-guitarist-jim-root-undergoes-disk-replacement-surgery-seems-as-if-fractured-vertebrae-and-hemorrhaged-disks-are-an-occupational-hazard-for-metal-bands-image.jpg

I do feel like people in general are much more open minded to different styles of music these days though which I really like. Prejudice, bias, preconception, preconcert, generalizations or whatever you say in english is something I personally dislike myself. It's impossible not doing it sometimes but I strongly try to avoid it, about people, music, well, almost everything in life.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, we all have different taste in music, that's for sure. :) Slipknot is interesting, their style is provoking and debatable but some songs are great if you ask me. I believe I had prejudice against them before I actually gave them a chance, starting listening.

I do feel that people in general are much more open minded to different styles of music these days though which I really like. Prejudice, bias, preconception, preconcert, generalizations or whatever you say in english is something I personally dislike myself. It's impossible not doing it sometimes but I strongly try to avoid it, about people, music, well, almost everything in life.
Make no mistake, you should rag on ICP.

Reactions: 21

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm a huge metalhead but Nu-Metal has never been my thing. It just sounds like noise to me.
I got my start as a metalhead on Slipknot, so I'll always have a soft spot for them and nu-metal in general. It's no longer even close to the majority of what I listen to but it's in the rotation.

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The new Slipknot album is actually really, really good. It's going to land in my top 10 on the year. Definitely a more mature and complex offering than what's come before, they really pushed the envelope on the songwriting front this time around. It's not going to win them many new fans but it's their best album in a long time.

Reactions: 21 and UncleRisto

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Slipknot is just for those 16 year old boys who just got hormones and don't know what to do with them so they start wearing black.

A lot of those band members are trailer trash.

"16 year old boys who just got hormones" .... really, I doubt you have any at all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad