OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
What's worse than being a one hit wonder, being a one hit wonder when your one hit was a cover.
Unfortunate for the Ataris really, because all of their songs are basically the same song, so they could've just played the whole lot of them.

I say this in the best possible way. I really like the So Long, Astoria album. It's easy.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We should start a thread for "guilty pleasures." See which music those of us acknowledge is "bad" but still enjoy nonetheless.
Oh, this is a go-to topic of mine. Female pop artists from 1999-2004 all day long. The time frame may or may not be based on a stretch of albums.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Best cover is Pet Shop Boys version of Always On My Mind by Elvis Presley.

Sunday Girl had a version of Where Is My Mind by Pixies, which is also great.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Judging by the thread so far I have a VERY different taste in music than most people here.

Example: my favorite cover right now is:

It's a cover of:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
While we're on the topic of covers, I'll rattle off seventy...

The newish Zombie cover by Bad Wolves,
Land of Confusion by Disturbed,
Mama Said Knock You Out,
Bad Company,
From Out of Nowhere,
House of the Rising Sun,
and Gone Away, all by Five Finger Death Punch,
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Marilyn Manson,
Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage,
Careless Whisper by Seether,
Any of the several covers Seether has done live, since Shaun is very consistent live (they did a very good "You Know You're Right" by Nirvana, even when Nirvana covers are a bit of a risk),
Planet Caravan by Pantera.
Machine Head has an interesting cover of Message in a Bottle, but the original is so much better than the cover so it's not really worth it.
Word Up! by Korn,
How I Could Just Kill a Man and Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine.

Then if we include the p***y parade,
Africa by Quietdrive,
Fall Out Boy covered Beat It. That one's actually pretty good.
There's a cover of One Republic's "Apologize" by Silverstein,
If for some reason you wanted to hear a punk cover of Smash Mouth's All Star, a band called "Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!" has you covered. But why is that their name?
Paramore has a cover of Sunday, Bloody Sunday. It's tonally a bit different but it's decent.
There's also a pop punk cover of Cee Lo's f*** You, and I know a bunch of other pop songs too, but why would you want to hear that?

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Some of you guys' musical takes are....well they're hotter than the sun.

In other news, I saw "Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood" last night. 10/10, would definitely recommend. I left the theatre saying "I enjoyed it", woke up this morning and it grew into loving it.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I got a job! Finally, I can quit being a full time Uber driver, it's been way too long!

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad