OT: The Avalounge: Nerd Central 2.0

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't care what anybody says, Endgame was epic and a great conclusion to this MCU arc. They're just pure, dorky fun and I would miss them if they stopped coming out.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think varlamov re-signs?

Or do the avalanche run with francouz as backup next year?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
You know, I look at these superhero franchises and Batman and Spider-Man are the only two where I've known a handful of their main villains since I was a little kid. I mean I knew Lex Luthor on top of that, but that has to be a big thing in creating that connection. Both Spider-Man and Batman have arch nemesisesesesemes that are just as iconic as the heroes. I don't know if everyone thinks that about Spider-Man villains, but I still don't know who those other Marvel guys even fight (okay Thanos, but I don't give a crap about something that became a mainstream thing when I was 20).

I definitely agree with you on that. Batman and Spider-Man have the best villains and it’s not even close. Batman’s are undeniably iconic, and I played enough Spider-Man games on the PS2 when I was growing up that I think I know almost all of them. I’d say Superman comes in third, but a lot of that is due to him being the one to contact and deal with the super duper big bads of the DC universe, like Brainiac, Darkseid, and Doomsday. I couldn’t tell you even slightly who Iron Man and Black Panther have as their arch-nemeses, and those are two of the biggest and most popular heroes from the MCU these days.

Also, nemesisesesesemes is a Finnish word I don’t think I’ve heard before. What does it mean?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't care what anybody says, Endgame was epic and a great conclusion to this MCU arc. They're just pure, dorky fun and I would miss them if they stopped coming out.

My girlfriend while disappointed with some parts thought it was exactly what you wanted it to be.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
If any of you live in or near Indianapolis IN , Kansas City MO , Lexington KY , Lincoln NE , Louisville KY, Madison WI , Minneapolis MN , Port St Lucie FL , St Louis MO. I would suggest you try a restaurant called "HopCat". Great place for beer and fantastic food. They started out here locally in Michigan and have expanded all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised if they put one in Denver at some point.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I've been listening to a some country lately to see if I still dislike most of it. I do (especially 99% of the modern stuff), but I've been enjoying some of the older stuff here and there. Stuff like Jim & Jesse or Marty Robbins, and of course all-time greats like Cash.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
A guy at my gym has a Ryan O’Reilly shirsey, which one of you is it?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Leaving this here simply because it's awesome (and no he's not my grandpa)

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I don't post much from my phone (I hate typing on mobile), so I just noticed an issue with the third-rate ads: While I am typing, the page will reformat, causing me to click on an ad in mid-type. It does it every time. I've tried waiting for the page to finish loading or whatever, but it doesn't matter. It's like it is keyed to shift down only when I am active within the text box. And it will do it repeatedly, even after I've clicked back from an ad. Does anyone else get this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad