In terms of musical output relative to fan interest, Kiss take some beating

They have three songs and are generally ridiculous, yet people go nuts for them

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
You will lose.

You said Led Zeppelin sucks. And if that is truly your opinion, you are welcome to it, everyone has their own tastes. But objectively, every single member of that band is considered top 15 all time for performers at their instrument. According to Rolling Stone (for a single source for all lists) Robert Plant is 15th for singers, John Paul Jones is 6th for bassists, Jimmy Page is 3rd for guitarists, and John Bonham is the best drummer of all time. As with any rankings lists, these are debatable. But dropping any of them out of a top 50 would be asinine.

Same goes for whoever put the Beatles. I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of theirs...but they are one of the greatest bands of all time (maybe #1).

I get the votes for KISS, even though I am a fan....they have a huge library and many songs are blech, but they have some great ones as well. And the reason they remain popular....fun. The have fun songs and put on a fun show.
The Eagles are a favorite of mine as well, and someone mistakenly listed them.
AC/DC and Motorhead too. And GnR, and so on.

Basically everyone is trashing the music of my youth and young adulthood. Including people that consider KPop the epitome of music. And some of the utter crap that has been linked in here....oof.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
You will lose.

You said Led Zeppelin sucks. And if that is truly your opinion, you are welcome to it, everyone has their own tastes. But objectively, every single member of that band is considered top 15 all time for performers at their instrument. According to Rolling Stone (for a single source for all lists) Robert Plant is 15th for singers, John Paul Jones is 6th for bassists, Jimmy Page is 3rd for guitarists, and John Bonham is the best drummer of all time. As with any rankings lists, these are debatable. But dropping any of them out of a top 50 would be asinine.

Same goes for whoever put the Beatles. I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of theirs...but they are one of the greatest bands of all time (maybe #1).

I get the votes for KISS, even though I am a fan....they have a huge library and many songs are blech, but they have some great ones as well. And the reason they remain popular....fun. The have fun songs and put on a fun show.

Basically everyone is trashing the music of my youth and young adulthood. Including people that consider KPop the epitome of music. And some of the utter crap that has been linked in here....oof.

giphy.gif

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
You will lose.

Listing The Eagles wasn’t a mistake, just FYI.

Reactions: Ceremony

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
You will lose.

Well, first of all there's no way you could "objectively" rate vocalists. But anyway, the generational thing is so key here. The important thing to remember here is, even though I say I don't like Led Zeppelin, I like them so much more than thousands of artists who play genres I would never listen to.

Actually, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones are kinda in that same category for me (I should note I do genuinely like a couple of songs by both). I hear the execution on patterns and riffs and stuff and I think "yeah this is really well done" or "oh, it's like a classic example of this and that", but listening to entire songs, I just usually find them kinda slow and boring. And you know, this is coming from someone who sometimes listens to pop punk that's just so cookie-cutter that you can't tell the bands apart, and I know that. I think it's a similar thing to old movies where you're like "HOW IS THIS STILL THE SAME SHOT, SOMEONE DO SOMETHING".

But yeah, the thing is I don't really like the sound that Led Zeppelin had. I know they're talented, but it kinda just annoys me. The Who actually does the exact same thing for me. But then I'm not annoyed by post-grunge vocalists, so go figure.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
The Beatles are really boring and every member is/was a complete arsepiece, so they're easy to not like

The Beatles are such a mix of amazing and trash. At times, they has the best song writing of all time. At others, a crappy boy band. Sometimes even on the same record.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Beatles are really boring and every member is/was a complete arsepiece, so they're easy to not like
Weren't they pretty much the most scandalous band at the time?

Would be hilarious to time travel to that time with like Marilyn Manson's 2003 tour. They would've executed him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Would be hilarious to time travel to that time with like Marilyn Manson's 2003 tour. They would've executed him.
I think the Stones and The Who were considered the "bad boys" of rock at the time. The Beatles were a little more wholesome fare.

I do have tons of respect for the Beatles. They're not my favorite, but Lennon/McCartney was arguably the greatest pop songwriting duo of the 20th century. The chemistry was unreal between them.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

It was the 60s, showing ankle at the beach was scandalous

Reactions: Murzu

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh Queen, I knew I was forgetting one. Whoever managed to turn Bohemian Rhapsody into a meme should be banned from the internet for life.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Oh Queen, I knew I was forgetting one. Whoever managed to turn Bohemian Rhapsody into a meme should be banned from the internet for life.
Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest prog rock songs ever written. Queen is amazing and Mercury is GOAT.

Reactions: Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad