OT: The Avalounge: Let's Go Drink Some Beer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The only music I look down upon is Insane Clown Posse. Truly, they are the lowest form of life on the planet.

How many ICP fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Nobody knows, they just steal the light bulb and smoke meth out of it

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
The only music I look down upon is Insane Clown Posse. Truly, they are the lowest form of life on the planet.

How many ICP fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Nobody knows, they just steal the light bulb and smoke meth out of it

Dude I suspect they eat light bulbs.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
A quick question for anyone who has ever employed people.

If you make an official job opening and people can send in their applications, does it matter to you when someone sends in their application?
Like do you favor people who send in their application way in advance against those who send in their application just before the due date?

I'm more in the latter category as I have a big list of open positions that I keep sending applications to and I mostly do it on the last or the penultimate day.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't really care when I get the application/resume... I just want those to be good.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
A quick question for anyone who has ever employed people.

If you make an official job opening and people can send in their applications, does it matter to you when someone sends in their application?
Like do you favor people who send in their application way in advance against those who send in their application just before the due date?

I'm more in the latter category as I have a big list of open positions that I keep sending applications to and I mostly do it on the last or the penultimate day.

Doesn't matter to me in the least.

I like to sit on them for a week or two, and see who proactively follows up on their application. I usually interview those people first (as long as the app makes sense).

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I like to sit on them for a week or two, and see who proactively follows up on their application. I usually interview those people first (as long as the app makes sense).
What do you mean by follow up in this case?

And thanks to both of you for the quick answers.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I really love that SEPH shares the music he likes. Shows me a lot of stuff I wouldn't listen to otherwise.

Baby Metal is kinda rad

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm impressed with people who find me via phone after they've applied.

Interesting.

I have been told that's rude :laugh: and you shall give them time and not bother.
If you haven't gotten an answer 3 weeks after the last application date, then it starts to be fine to inquire is something I was told.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I get annoyed when people call me about an application. If I like their resume, I'll still interview them, but I don't like it. Calling me a few days or week or so after the interview, I like that.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm impressed with people who find me via phone after they've applied.

I get annoyed when people call me about an application. If I like their resume, I'll still interview them, but I don't like it. Calling me a few days or week or so after the interview, I like that.

This right here is why I hate applying to jobs. So many different expectations and rules.

Going on two months unemployed right now. I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I have spent most of this time skiing, but I've probably applied to at least 20-25 places. So far I'm at three interviews, one non-committal "we'll need you in a month," and zero actual job offers.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm convinced you have to know someone. To get it through a cold application is like winning a lotto

Thinking back on it I realize now that every job I've ever gotten has been because I knew someone.

God I hope that changes soon, because I am quickly running out of the meager savings I do have.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
To get a job when you don't know someone there... you have to be that much better of a candidate than somebody they do know. It is tough, but out of all the people I have hired, only a couple have had connections.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really love that SEPH shares the music he likes. Shows me a lot of stuff I wouldn't listen to otherwise.

Baby Metal is kinda rad
Yeah me sharing music isn't for arrogance or elitist, I listen to more of the underground genres where people don't really listen to. So I want to give it a chance here, even if I know it will be hated on majority of the time. Like I didn't know I was going to like Sherm's Brother's song, but I gave it a chance and boom it was good.

Aren't they? Babymetal has the catchiness of a pop song, but the brutality of a good genre like metal. :sarcasm: They have their own style, which you can't say for probably 97% of bands nowadays. You might absolutely hate it, but people should respect them, you know what I'm saying?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Been running through it for a month or so now, but just finished re-watching Parks & Recs for the 2nd time. Hits me in literally, all the feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad