OT: The Avalounge [Everybody Needs To Read Post #1!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
A friend of mine is building a computer for the first time and asked me if I wanted to help show him the ropes because I've built quite a few in my day. I go over and he's just about to set the CPU. We work on trying to set it for 10ish minutes before I'm like, "it isn't supposed to be this hard wtf?"

Cue his roommate walking over and asking, "did you guy open it?" ****. I open the CPU housing and it falls apart. I broke it putting so much pressure on the plastic while it wasn't open.

Basically, I broke my friends brand new motherboard within 5 minutes of touching it. Now if newegg won't replace it (which I hope they will) I have to buy him a new one and I'm out 250 bucks simply because I'm a god damn idiot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
A friend of mine is building a computer for the first time and asked me if I wanted to help show him the ropes because I've built quite a few in my day. I go over and he's just about to set the CPU. We work on trying to set it for 10ish minutes before I'm like, "it isn't supposed to be this hard wtf?"

Cue his roommate walking over and asking, "did you guy open it?" ****. I open the CPU housing and it falls apart. I broke it putting so much pressure on the plastic while it wasn't open.

Basically, I broke my friends brand new motherboard within 5 minutes of touching it. Now if newegg won't replace it (which I hope they will) I have to buy him a new one and I'm out 250 bucks simply because I'm a god damn idiot.

He should have just bought a Mac :sarcasm:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Damn, that's unfortunate.

Not as unfortunate as stupid sadly. I've built like 5 computers for myself and others over the years. But for some reason I just forgot that you have to open up the cpu holder thing. Just a potentially 250 dollar brain fart.

But on a good note my landlord upgraded his cable today and gave me the upgrade for free. I've now got full HD including NBCSN, Altitude and he's even paying for NFL Redzone! I'm mainly stoked for Redzone because it's the best thing that ever happened to professional football, and finding a quality stream is a lot harder these days.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Hey D2M, do you play Be a Pro? I just started one as a 5'8 striker with Vitesse, and asked for a loan. I'm at Lierse SK on loan in Belgium.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
Good rule of thumb when putting together a PC: if it isn't fitting together easily/with-little-force; you're "doing it wrong".

Sorry to hear about that though. Hopefully newegg gives him a new one.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hey D2M, do you play Be a Pro? I just started one as a 5dorm but don't triker with Vitesse, and asked for a loan. I'm at Lierse SK on loan in Belgium.

I have in pes years ago but not with fifa. I'll eventually give that a shot.

My guy was playing in Spain from you know where. I was nominated for ballon d'or don't think i won tho

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Good rule of thumb when putting together a PC: if it isn't fitting together easily/with-little-force; you're "doing it wrong".

Sorry to hear about that though. Hopefully newegg gives him a new one.

For everything else, sure. But in my experience seating the CPU always takes more pressure than you'd think necessary. And I wasn't the one doing the pushing most of the time. I was letting him seat it because I feel like that is always something the person building the computer do.

Either way newegg is replacing it but it's going to take a week or more. Still feel really bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad