OT: The Avalounge: Days Of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Way back in the day, we would go to these things called Drive-In movies. My father was a cheapskate, and wouldn't buy us any candy, popcorn, etc. He would allow us kids to share a box of cereal (no milk). We weren't allowed sugary cereal at breakfast, so a box of Trix at the drive-in was our idea of a treat.

And, for those who are wondering, yes, the movies were in color.

#OldWorldProblems

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Way back in the day, we would go to these things called Drive-In movies. My father was a cheapskate, and wouldn't buy us any candy, popcorn, etc. He would allow us kids to share a box of cereal (no milk). We weren't allowed sugary cereal at breakfast, so a box of Trix at the drive-in was our idea of a treat.

#OldWorldProblems

Did you see Ben-Hur?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They would always have a family friendly show (like a James Bond movie) that we were all allowed to watch.
Then they'd show a more adult movie (like Hells Angels On Wheels -- with lots of T&A). My father would order us kids to go to sleep and not watch the 2nd movie.

I remember he got really pissed off one time after the movie was over, and drove off with the speaker still hanging from the window. Ripped it right out (the speaker, not the window). Then he didn't want to wait for the line of traffic to leave, so he took the shortcut through the field. Ran over a fence then slammed into a drainage ditch. We couldn't get out of the ditch. He made a spectacle out of himself, but finally got a lift to a phone booth where he could call a friend to give us a ride home.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm a cheese lover, but man, feta cheese is gross.

Feta cheese is amazing when you give it a nice broil on something. You need to make it warm/gooey in the center with a slight crispy outside. Blue cheese on the other hand is the devil's snot however. Also not a huge fan of the smoky taste Gouda gets.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
They would always have a family friendly show (like a James Bond movie) that we were all allowed to watch.
Then they'd show a more adult movie (like Hells Angels On Wheels -- with lots of T&A). My father would order us kids to go to sleep and not watch the 2nd movie.

I remember he got really pissed off one time after the movie was over, and drove off with the speaker still hanging from the window. Ripped it right out (the speaker, not the window). Then he didn't want to wait for the line of traffic to leave, so he took the shortcut through the field. Ran over a fence then slammed into a drainage ditch. We couldn't get out of the ditch. He made a spectacle out of himself, but finally got a lift to a phone booth where he could call a friend to give us a ride home.

That is hilarious :laugh:

Hay gaiz, Bubba used phone booths! Amirite kidspeople my age?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Feta cheese is amazing when you give it a nice broil on something. You need to make it warm/gooey in the center with a slight crispy outside. Blue cheese on the other hand is the devil's snot however. Also not a huge fan of the smoky taste Gouda gets.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with leipäjuusto or Finnish squeaky cheese but you warm that up so it gets a little gooey and serve it with something sweet like jam (preferably cloudberry) and you have a really great dessert.

Just throwing that out there if you ever run into that anywhere. :dunno:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
squeaky cheese looks amazing

800px-Leip%C3%A4juusto_cheese_with_cloudberry_jam.jpg

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.

#OldWorldProblems

My city still has a drive-in, one of three in British Columbia.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I don't know if anyone is familiar with leipäjuusto or Finnish squeaky cheese but you warm that up so it gets a little gooey and serve it with something sweet like jam (preferably cloudberry) and you have a really great dessert.

Just throwing that out there if you ever run into that anywhere. :dunno:

Oh yes, brödost.

You don't even need any jam or jelly. Just eat it natural. It's one of the most amazing things I've eaten. I would eat it alot more if it wouldn't have so much fat.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Looks like cheesecake. Cheesecake is the greatest invention in human history, right before the wheel.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Not a cheese lover but I enjoy feta cheese, especially on a chicken wrap. Never had blue cheese. Never had Papa Johns. Never had more than 3 slices of cheesecake in my life. Need to get my priorities in check.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
I'm getting braces. Experiences? I hope they have avalanche blue. My teeth aren't bad but they recommended them because some teeth are a little close together and apparently when I'm an old man they'll be squished. Or they just want the $. I feel too old for braces because I'm not a teenager. Haha better late than never.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I'm getting braces. Experiences? I hope they have avalanche blue. My teeth aren't bad but they recommended them because some teeth are a little close together and apparently when I'm an old man they'll be squished. Or they just want the $. I feel too old for braces because I'm not a teenager. Haha better late than never.

You wont regret it , that's probably one of the best decision that i took in my life.
The thing is that you wont be allowed to chew gum or to eat pop-corn , caramels and other food , but trust me that's a small price to pay with high reward .

As far as being too old for braces , i had mine in my mid 20's for a little over a year . Time flew by really fast , first thing i knew they were gone .

THE ONLY thing you have to be extra careful about Braces , is to stay serious near fridge. If be any chance you start smiling passing near a fridge you will end up with all the fridge magnets stuck on your braces :D :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad