henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I didnt want to watch it, cause im not sure if ISIS
would edit the actual deed out , im sure they didnt
Thats just too much 'real' for me. Id probably get sick,
angry, disgusted all at once.

Seriously don't watch it. Not many times where I have felt like crying and throwing up after watching something... that was one.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Seriously don't watch it. Not many times where I have felt like crying and throwing up after watching something... that was one.

Trust me I wont, esp. after hearing his dad say his last words
Just thinking of it makes me feel awful. He was a brave man
to go back even after he survived his last capture. He just felt he had
a duty to show what was going on over there.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm pretty sure if anyone knew my new job used all google webapps everyone I know would laugh at me for being a Microsoft person put into this situation. I'm having a real tough time adapting though because I hate Gmail and Google Calendar. Exchange works fine with my Windows Phone, but I can't merge Google with Microsoft at all in the cloud because Google has hard blocks in place.

It's interesting the way the company built everything with web apps, that's for sure. (Combination of Drive, Calendar, Mail, etc), but damn is it annoying at the same time. Outlook.com is such a better mail client, neither have a good Calendar system.

Oh and it looks like I'll be in Boston all next month for my first client... sweet.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure if anyone knew my new job used all google webapps everyone I know would laugh at me for being a Microsoft person put into this situation. I'm having a real tough time adapting though because I hate Gmail and Google Calendar. Exchange works fine with my Windows Phone, but I can't merge Google with Microsoft at all in the cloud because Google has hard blocks in place.

It's interesting the way the company built everything with web apps, that's for sure. (Combination of Drive, Calendar, Mail, etc), but damn is it annoying at the same time. Outlook.com is such a better mail client, neither have a good Calendar system.

Oh and it looks like I'll be in Boston all next month for my first client... sweet.

My company uses Google for everything as well... I freaking hate it! My work computer works okay with Google app sync, but everything else is always a mess because if you use your phone or tablet for anything it doesn't sync correctly and all sorts of weird errors happen when I log back into my work computer. I don't mind gmail for my personal email, but for my work email it is absolutely terrible so I refuse to make the switch from Outlook.

I don't think many companies would be using gmail as their email client if it wasn't so damn cheap to use Google for that and everything else that comes with it. Microsoft is crazy expensive when you get a bunch of users, and Google is pennies on the dollar in comparison.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Gmail really that bad? Seems alright to me.

It isn't that bad if you use it lightly, but when you get literally hundreds of emails a day the weaknesses really start to show... especially in comparison to a decent client in outlook.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
My company uses Google for everything as well... I freaking hate it! My work computer works okay with Google app sync, but everything else is always a mess because if you use your phone or tablet for anything it doesn't sync correctly and all sorts of weird errors happen when I log back into my work computer. I don't mind gmail for my personal email, but for my work email it is absolutely terrible so I refuse to make the switch from Outlook.

I don't think many companies would be using gmail as their email client if it wasn't so damn cheap to use Google for that and everything else that comes with it. Microsoft is crazy expensive when you get a bunch of users, and Google is pennies on the dollar in comparison.

It's not the price, but rather that it's Google. My company is California based and is SaaS based. So it was a natural fit in 2006 when they were founded (Gmail was at its height) and Microsoft were being idiots.

But today it's barely improved, just become more entrenched in their organization.

I have a lot of filtering ahead of me to get this inbox tolerable. It's pretty ridiculous the lengths Google goes to be incompatible with Microsoft products, despite the years Google fed off Microsoft for its existence. They've really turned into the evil corporation they portrayed Microsoft as in their early days.

Oh well, time to adapt and overcome. At least I can use exchange, that's more than I expected.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Is this thread closed? I hope not.

Either way I'm hoping someone can better explain how relative plus/minus works. According to this site, it is calculated by:

(plus/minus of when the player is on the ice / [plus/minus when the player is on the ice + plus/minus when the player is off it])

First of all, this doesn't seem correct. Even if it is, it's a terrible way of expressing it. The denominator in that equation, [plus/minus when the player is on the ice + plus/minus when the player is off it], isn't that just equal to the team's goal differential? Well discounting powerplay goals I guess. And what if it's zero (which should be the average value)? Then you simply can't calculate relative +/- any more?

And lastly it doesn't seem to account for the sign of the +/-. Say a player's team rating was +2, and he was a +10. Simple enough, his rel. rating is 5.0 (I think).
But what if your team is a -5, and you're +3. Same difference, but suddenly you're relative rating is -0.6. Makes no sense.

Just using the difference instead of quotient seems to make more sense. Someone should straighten this out for me :help:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Is this thread closed? I hope not.

Either way I'm hoping someone can better explain how relative plus/minus works. According to this site, it is calculated by:

(plus/minus of when the player is on the ice / [plus/minus when the player is on the ice + plus/minus when the player is off it])

First of all, this doesn't seem correct. Even if it is, it's a terrible way of expressing it. The denominator in that equation, [plus/minus when the player is on the ice + plus/minus when the player is off it], isn't that just equal to the team's goal differential? Well discounting powerplay goals I guess. And what if it's zero (which should be the average value)? Then you simply can't calculate relative +/- any more?

And lastly it doesn't seem to account for the sign of the +/-. Say a player's team rating was +2, and he was a +10. Simple enough, his rel. rating is 5.0 (I think).
But what if your team is a -5, and you're +3. Same difference, but suddenly you're relative rating is -0.6. Makes no sense.

Just using the difference instead of quotient seems to make more sense. Someone should straighten this out for me :help:

Relative +/- uses the worst boxcar statistic in hockey three times and no other statistic at all. What were you expecting?

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Well since it's the basis of Quality of Competition I was expecting a little more.

But seriously, there's something wrong with my understanding. Is what I posted above actually correct?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Who is the most famous person you know? And by know, I mean would recognize you if you walked in the room and would talk to you, not someone who you saw at the airport.

I was randomly trying to think of the answer for me. Really sad who is on my list.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Who is the most famous person you know? And by know, I mean would recognize you if you walked in the room and would talk to you, not someone who you saw at the airport.

I was randomly trying to think of the answer for me. Really sad who is on my list.
Spencer Dinwiddie.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

I have a friend who plays in the highest football (soccer) league in Finland. And is one of the best players there.

Don't know many others though.
I mean I've talked 3 times with a hockey player who plays in Finland, but still I don't think he'd recognize me until I would say something to him.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I have a friend who plays in the highest football (soccer) league in Finland. And is one of the best players there.

Don't know many others though.
I mean I've talked 3 times with a hockey player who plays in Finland, but still I don't think he'd recognize me until I would say something to him.

Spill the beans.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Not a chance. The hockey player played for Jokerit two seasons ago.
That's all I'm gonna say :laugh:

I can't believe you know Ross Lupaschuk!

If it's Manelius, tell him he sucks at hockey.

:D

E: I'll always remember him by the pass at ~2:00.

Last edited:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Cause of that thread on the main boards I just bought my dog an Avalanche sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad