OT: The Avalounge - come to the dork side of the force; the cookies are all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
How much did you have to write?

2 for HF and 13 for THW. THW pays by page views so that's a crabshoot. Some stuff does better than others and some stuff takes 15 mins to pound out and others 1-2 hours.

I only went to class about 50% of the time while in college. I made sure to take classes that didn't count attendance and tests were the vast majority of the grade. Ended with a 3.57 GPA. :yo:

I also got an accounting degree, so it is really simple and easy stuff... 3.57 isn't impressive. :help:

That's impressive. I was toeing the line pretty close the whole way.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
That is a dangerous game... send out the bots!

It's actually by Google sessions I'm not sure if there's a difference between page views and sessions but I'm too honest to cheat anyways. Plus, writing is for ***** and giggles I have no intention of making a career change.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Damn...

How do I get to be a writer for THW? I have a Mass Communications (Sports Journalism) degree, would love to make a little extra money, see if I could turn that into a career.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If you guys are still going to every lecture and stuff then you haven't figured out how to beat college yet.

While this is partially true, it's also on a degree by degree basis. In a LOT of my classes as a Biomedical Engineer, not attending was tantamount to a death sentence.

Granted I did have the classes which were pointless to attend too because the Professor put all notes online and make the exams based on the notes which we could print out for the exams.

I have 2 night classes. It is the worst.

Loved night classes. Go to class 7-9, hit the bar at 9:15.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
While this is partially true, it's also on a degree by degree basis. In a LOT of my classes as a Biomedical Engineer, not attending was tantamount to a death sentence.

Granted I did have the classes which were pointless to attend too because the Professor put all notes online and make the exams based on the notes which we could print out for the exams.

Loved night classes. Go to class 7-9, hit the bar at 9:15.

Yeah that's true. My degree was cake.

Are you in biotech? I work in biotech manufacturing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I only went to class about 50% of the time while in college. I made sure to take classes that didn't count attendance and tests were the vast majority of the grade. Ended with a 3.57 GPA. :yo:

I also got an accounting degree, so it is really simple and easy stuff... 3.57 isn't impressive. :help:

I got a business degree and a marketing MBA. Accounting was the gatekeeper class in that program. Certainly not easy!

I almost always went to class but outside of that I didn't let school dictate my life, I never spent a ton of time studying or writing papers. I only got one C my entire college career and that was a 2 credit hour class over the summer on violent storms. My family still makes fun of me for that. I loved loading my schedule up 5 classes in a row so I only had to go on campus 2 days a week. MBA was all night school anyway, I only did one of those at a time and some online.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Anybody with the amount of patience and inability to get bored required to get an accounting degree is a hero in my book.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

This year I've gone to around 5% of the classes in my Master's studies.

Classes are for wimps, true men stay at home, drink vodka, watch hockey and football (soccer) and read to exams/write essays a few hours before the deadline.
They also get an average grade of 69/100 and write a bachelor thesis worthy of a solid 2/5.
I have no idea how I've gotten this far :laugh:

BTW, Rome was great. It was really surprising though that basically no-one spoke English there. I would've been screwed had I been alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce