News Article: The Athletic's Trade Big Board

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I will not violate the trust of this person - I have it from a relative on the roster who told them that AA is not a good person to have around the locker room and is part of the reason why there are problems in it.

People I know close to the organization say AA is well liked by all the other young players.
And that the locker room problems are caused because the young players get all the big minutes, the PP time, etc.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this in, but anyone have any interest in Zacha(njd) or Wennberg(CBJ) if the price is right? Just curious on people’s thoughts

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
People I know close to the organization say AA is well liked by all the other young players.
And that the locker room problems are caused because the young players get all the big minutes, the PP time, etc.

So now all of our young players get too much time. What a world.

Reactions: hkydave04

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So now all of our young players get too much time. What a world.
Yeah, never mind that the top 6 producers on the roster (and 8 of the top 10) are 25 years old or younger. Clearly the veterans are getting unfair treatment. :sarcasm:

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this in, but anyone have any interest in Zacha(njd) or Wennberg(CBJ) if the price is right? Just curious on people’s thoughts

That Wennberg contract looks pretty bad now that his performance has dropped, I'd have to send back one of our bad contracts (Nielsen or Abby) and I don't think CBJ bites.

Zacha feels like a Perlini or Erne pickup, wouldn't hate it.

Reactions: LazyT

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is correct. I love the quote about pretty much everybody on Detroit being available. The country club is officially closed.
Yeah it closed because all the good players left..

That said I see no reason to cheer over Larkin/Mantha/Bertuzzi/Hronek/Zadina being available. Yzerman needs to stay patient.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Interesting logic. Jeff Blashill developed him to be 30 goal scorer, but when he doesn't score it's all Blashill's fault. :D

I can't respect any opinion that credits Blashill in any way for Athanasiou's successes.
It's just insane to an Orwellian degree.
Black is white. Up is down. Bad is good.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Yeah it closed because all the good players left..

That said I see no reason to cheer over Larkin/Mantha/Bertuzzi/Hronek/Zadina being available. Yzerman needs to stay patient.
Add Fabbri/Seider & Veleno to that quasi-untouchable (barring drastic overpayment) list & we're looking at our new core minus a few pieces.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
The only untouchables are Seider and Larkin as far as I’m concerned. Larkin is even arguable. The team sucks with zero elite players. Do whatever you can to improve it for the long term.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I guess in the end, he was probably happy with a wrap-around, unless he finished from between the circles...unless she wasn't impressed by the way he dangled.

hey that’s my wife you’re talking about! She’d be impressed by any stick with more than a 3” blade...

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I can't respect any opinion that credits Blashill in any way for Athanasiou's successes.
It's just insane to an Orwellian degree.
Black is white. Up is down. Bad is good.

You literally just posted that people on the roster are upset that our young prospects are playing too much and in too big of roles. Forgive me if I take your Orwellian complaints with a grain of salt.

You're damn right that any success that Athanasiou has had is of his own volition. THAT'S THE ****ING PROBLEM WITH HIM. That is what people complain about. If AA played within the system and did all the little things like Bertuzzi where you could credit any of his success to the system... he'd be a far better player than he is now. Further, since all of his success is AA driven, it means all of his failures are AA driven. This season and his struggles are on AA and not Blashill.

Reactions: jkutswings

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
The only untouchables are Seider and Larkin as far as I’m concerned. Larkin is even arguable. The team sucks with zero elite players. Do whatever you can to improve it for the long term.

I'd agree there are no genuine untouchables, but there are a number of players that the return we'd want makes them practically untouchable unless another GM is willing to overpay to a unlikely degree.

Mantha, Larkin, Hronek, Bertuzzi, Veleno, Seider and Zadina are all worth more to us than they'd probably garner in a trade.

The likes of Rasmussen, Smith, Cholowski and Fabbri are also not really worth trading for the return they'd garner compared to their value to us (or potential value).

AA? Can't see him generating enough value at the moment for it to make sense to trade him. He's an RFA so we have a degree of control, and with his output this season is unlikely to land anything of great value to the rebuild. Better off to see if he can re-discover his touch alongside more creative linemates, and look to trade him when his value is high. Last season was probably an inflation of his goal threat, but this year is definitely well below his mean. Better to hang on unless a stupid offer comes in.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad